Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who has used Dippity Do?

Claireg

One of the Regulars
I am wondering... Has anyone tried styling with Dippity Do?
It was apparently used for setting curls - apply gel and then curl.
It has been "modernised" damn it, but i think its the same formula.
Before i wade in and buy has anyone had results??

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Is that still around??? We used to use that when I was a kid -- it was sort of a greenish-blue jelly-like setting lotion you'd run thru your hair before putting in curlers. The way we'd apply it is to grab a dab out of the jar and sort of pull a lock of hair between our fingers to sort of work it in and then roll the hair. As I remember, the results tended to be kind of crispy if you used too much, so we'd often have to wash our hair and start over. So if you try it now, and if it's the same stuff, a little goes a very long way.

zombi

A-List Customer
Hi, yes, I've used Dippity Doo and the last place I was able to buy it was Sally beauty supply. As LizzieMaine says a little goes a long way. I used it for finger waving type stuff though, I've not rolled a set of pincurls with it.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I used it when I was about 16 to make my hair stand up. That stuff is strong. I had never thought of using it as a setting aide, but it might work. If you do, like the other ladies said, use just a little, because it definitely gets crispy, and get the regular hold - never the strong holds. They skip crispy and go rock hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner