Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who wears well fitted suits now?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
For this thread I want to take us a bit into the now and ask you guys who you think wears suits that are make pretty well. I see alot of reporters and basketball players and politicians with ill fitted wears that hang far away from their bodies... This thread is to oust those that know how to dress and what looks good on them.

First off Anderson Cooper of CNN.

Modern style may look plain jane; his clothes fit... Also, different fits for different bodies and shapes (we don't all need fitted suits).

Just wish more mainstream men would take more pattern and color risks... black is so boring when it is being worn by everybody who owns a tie.

anderson_cooper.jpg

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
David Brinkley always was a sharp dresser. Conservative, but very crisp and neat.

William F. Buckley, Jr. on the other hand always looks like he was poured in to his suit or had slept in it.

By modern Hollywood standards George Clooney owns a few nice suits.
Martin Scorsese is probably the best dressed director around. Some very classic looking pieces.

David Lynch is one of the most well groomed people I have ever met in my life.

Cary Grant still is the best dressed man in Hollywood and he's been dead for nearly 20 years.

I hate to say it, but I've seen Tony Blair wearing a few nice suits...
Kofi Annan also has some well tailored pieces.

I've always thought that Jude Law had some well cut threads. Not so Plain Jane, sir.

Pity he destroyed Alfie.

Oh, yeah. Blood sucker that he is, Michael Howard, ex-leader of the Tory party in the UK had some fine suits. He is one of the few politicians in Britain to wear something other than midnight blue, charcoal grey or black.

bk

Wow, Matt, you might as well have asked, is there a God? I mentioned this before, but I saw Bob Geldorf and Eric Idle, separately, on the telly last year and they were both wearing 60s mod pinstripe suits that were pretty natty. (I was pretty sure they were from Duncan Quinn - who is very influenced by the 60s Michael Caine look)

Anyone else around now? Er, no, and er, no again. I'm scratching my head over this one. Perhaps the Baron is right, us.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Harry Lime

Suspended
David Bowie wears some very nice suits. Prince Charles, obviously. Pierce Brosnan has been known to dress very well. Matt Lauer has great tastes in suits and dresses well. There are guys out there who pop up once in the while.

Harry Lime

Marty M.

Vendor
Fit issues.

Arnold Schwarzenegger. He's a brute to fit. Los Angeles tailor Giacomo Trabalza makes Arnolds clothing, And it's a real peice of art. The chest of Arnolds suit coats fit like a glove. Man, it's a thing of beauty.

Marty

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
I agree about the fit of Arnold's suits. He used to own a restaurant in Venice, California called Schatzi's and obviously he was a frequent guest, so you were bound to see him sooner or later. Arnold's got an interesting built. He's about 6ft - 6ft 1 tall and in person his frame is a lot narrower, than you would expect. But he's got a neck, thick like a tree stump and up until just a few years ago, had biceps the size of cantaloupes, yet his sport-coats always fit him impeccably. I suspect that his pants were also custom tailored. There's no way he could fit those big thighs and such a small waist in an off the rack pair, and not end up looking ridiculous. A lot of other athletes look like they are floating in their suit. Not Arnold, everything is well shaped and trim.

epic610

One of the Regulars
My favorite has always been Gay Talese...

journalist/writer living in nyc. his italian father was a tailor and he has worn custom-made suits his whole life. exquisite looking clothes second nature to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner