Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WHOOO-HOOO!

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
I check in Monday and my thread is locked! This is great! I mean, I always seem to provoke some sort of controversy even when I don't try. Believe me, I've been involved and even been directly responsible for more than one thread being closed before. But to actually author a thread that gets locked down after eight pages of debate and personal attack is a real honor. :cheers1:

I'd like to thank the following individuals for their contributions.

- Jamespowers, BiltmorBob, DocIndyJones, Dismuke, Wild Root, Feraud, Wacky Vorlon, Farnham54, The Wingnut. And very special thank you, sir, goes out to BellyTank.

And of course how could I forget MK. You've provided this board for meaningful discussion and still allow me to chime in every few months with something that divides the membership right down the middle. You're wisdom and patience really is to be admired.

Thank you all! Have a great week! :p

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

The_Edge said:
I check in Monday and my thread is locked! This is great! I mean, I always seem to provoke some sort of controversy even when I don't try. Believe me, I've been involved and even been directly responsible for more than one thread being closed before. But to actually author a thread that gets locked down after eight pages of debate and personal attack is a real honor. :cheers1:

- Jamespowers, BiltmorBob, DocIndyJones, Dismuke, Wild Root, Feraud, Wacky Vorlon, Farnham54, The Wingnut. And very special thank you, sir, goes out to BellyTank.

And of course how could I forget MK. You've provided this board for meaningful discussion and still allow me to chime in every few months with something that divides the membership right down the middle. You're wisdom and patience really is to be admired.

Causing a ruckus in my place is not something to be proud of.....or celebrated.

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
MK said:
Causing a ruckus in my place is not something to be proud of.....or celebrated.

IT WAS A JOKE!! If folks don't like my point of view on things they are more than welcome to tell me off. I can take it. But I take issue when folks start to lecture.

Maybe one of these days you'll make it up from Vancouver and we can have a real discussion instead of this online crap. 'till then...I'll be on my way.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
KEEP IT POLITE

The_Edge said:
IT WAS A JOKE!! If folks don't like my point of view on things they are more than welcome to tell me off. I can take it. But I take issue when folks start to lecture.

Maybe one of these days you'll make it up from Vancouver and we can have a real discussion instead of this online crap. 'till then...I'll be on my way.

I read every one of those posts and it was obvious to me that there were participants goading others to get a reaction. These types of discussions are stupid. If that is your form of entertainment, I have no further imput on the issue. I have seen nasty things develop on other sites, and I am sure some of the players were having the time of thier lives causing havoc.

The Fedora Lounge in my opinion, is a civil place. I would NEVER censor someone's opinion, but I have my reservations on the online games some seem to delight in.

IMHO

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
Andykev said:
I read every one of those posts and it was obvious to me that there were participants goading others to get a reaction. These types of discussions are stupid. If that is your form of entertainment, I have no further imput on the issue. I have seen nasty things develop on other sites, and I am sure some of the players were having the time of thier lives causing havoc.

The Fedora Lounge in my opinion, is a civil place. I would NEVER censor someone's opinion, but I have my reservations on the online games some seem to delight in.

IMHO

Once again you sit up on your high horse and see what you want to see, Andykev. I was referring to the topic of THIS THREAD as a joke not that other one. To people with a sense of humor the outlandish post I made is funny. I can't believe I have to explain this. The other thread, the one that got locked down, I was dead serious about my resentment of the metro-sexual fad. My opinion on that matter stands and I was not trying to incite a riot. I thought that of all the places on the net this would be the one place that would understand my position. I stated my opinion on the matter and suddenly I and others of the same thought are labeled bigots by the same folks that scoff at jeans and baseball caps. That's rich. I saw the thread locked and figured I would lighten the tension with a ridiculous follow up post. I forgot that this place is too civilized for humor. Folks here think that wearing a friggn' hat and a suit makes them road scholars or something.

I've had it with this place. Remove me from the member roster, MK. Anybody wants me I'll be at TLP or COW. :rage:

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Really, a high horse?

The_Edge said:
Once again you sit up on your high horse and see what you want to see, Andykev.

I didn't know I was on a "high horse"...and you use "once again"...hummmm, have I ever commented on you before?

The_Edge said:
I was referring to the topic of THIS THREAD as a joke not that other one. To people with a sense of humor the outlandish post I made is funny. I can't believe I have to explain this. The other thread, the one that got locked down, I was dead serious about my resentment of the metro-sexual fad. My opinion on that matter stands and I was not trying to incite a riot.

I guessed what you were referring to. Your post in THIS thread mocks the previous thread. I did not disagree with your earlier post, but like MK, I believe OTHERS began to become "personal" in attacking YOUR OPINION and one another.

The_Edge said:
I saw the thread locked and figured I would lighten the tension with a ridiculous follow up post. I forgot that this place is too civilized for humor. Folks here think that wearing a friggn' hat and a suit makes them road scholars or something.

You made a ridiculous follow up post. So I made a comment of my personal OPINION that the reason MK locked the post was to keep things civil. Don't you think that your follow up posts can be taken as ridicule when the intent of locking the post was merely to stop things from getting nasty?

You posted this also: "IT WAS A JOKE!! If folks don't like my point of view on things they are more than welcome to tell me off. I can take it. But I take issue when folks start to lecture."

Oh? You welcome being "told off" , but somehow my post that ONLY made mention of what can happen when things get personal...was offensive?

The_Edge said:
I've had it with this place. Remove me from the member roster, MK. Anybody wants me I'll be at TLP or COW. :rage:

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
The_Edge said:
I forgot that this place is too civilized for humor.
Folks here think that wearing a friggn' hat and a suit makes them road scholars or something.

Hey The_Edge - you're right- some people don't have a sense of humour, some just don't have any sense at all...
I was smiling the whole time... ;)

Wearing a suit and hat might make 'em a 'road scholar' but it certainly doesn't make 'em a Rhodes Scholar.
Jack Kerouac coulda been a 'road scholar', I guess... :kick:
Missing you already... :cry:
B
T

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
The_Edge said:

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, you have to walk into MK's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR