Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's Still Alive?

Ellie

Familiar Face
This may be a bit off topic, but I noticed that somebody mentioned Jane Russell. Yes, she is alive and well. I saw her perform a few months ago with a swing tribute band. That was a neat experience.

Haversack

One Too Many
Charles Lane is not only still alive, he's still working! According to the IMDB, his last credit was in 2006. He is also a Firequake survivor.

Haversack.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I discovered another actress from the Golden Age of Hollywood who's still alive at the age of 97: Grace Bradley, who married William "Hopalong Cassidy" and retired from the business in 1942 -- but not before she made a number of movies, including the one I just saw her in, The McGuerins of Brooklyn, with William Bendix.

A few of her movies are available to view for free at archive.org.

grace_bradley22.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Stoneface said:
Recently I finished watching Harold Lloyd movies and there I also did some research about an actor and it seems like she is still alive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Kent

It looks like Barbara Kent will be the answer to the trivia question "Who was the last surviving adult actor of the American Silent Era." It's a pity she refuses to talk about her time on the screen.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Isn't Luise Rainer still alive.
Lyn and Lee Wilde, Gloria DeHaven, Joan Fontaine, Deanna Durbin, Janis Paige, Patricia neal and Ann Rutherford

Ed Bass

One of the Regulars
Enjoyed a Thanksgiving evening with Betty Hutton here in Palm Springs a few years before she passed away. Interesting old gal, a little nutty. Eleanor Parker is just down the street from me. They are still out there if you bother to look.
Best,
Toots

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I believe that Ann Rutherford is still with us. I saw her last year at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, and she looked great at 88! Gloria Stuart (Claude Rains' girlfriend in The Invisible Man) and Luise Rainer (The Good Earth) are still going at 99 and 100, respectively!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^Jackie certainly is still around, and it is hard to believe how many years he's got behind him. I met Mr. Cooper at the old Columbia Ranch in 1974, got his autograph, too! And did anyone metion Tony Curtis and Ernest Borgnine? I saw the latter at the Los Angeles Theater a few months ago, and he looked great at 92 (and he's still acting). I also saw Marsha Hunt at the Egyptian in Hollywood in April of this year, and she, too, looks great at 92!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
It looks like Barbara Kent will be the answer to the trivia question "Who was the last surviving adult actor of the American Silent Era." It's a pity she refuses to talk about her time on the screen.

And you likely know that the last silent actor to still be making films is Mickey Rooney (he was a child actor, or course). If only Miss Kent would make a cameo in a film...:rolleyes:

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Cooper began her career in the 1950s. Her first starring role was as Myra in 1953's western The Redhead from Wyoming. She also appeared as a player in films with stars like Maureen O'Hara, Glenn Ford, Tony Curtis, and Henry Fonda. Cooper was a fixture on episodic television throughout the 1960s and 1970s.

"Is she still on the Young & The Restless"

jeanne_cooper.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I have heard this stated before on some IMDB board; that Eli Wallach (94) is currently the oldest actor alive and actively at work in Hollywood. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Wallach is one of my favorite actors. He is especially great in the westerns of the 1960s, such as The Magnificent Seven as Calvera, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, as Tuco. I enjoyed his role in The Godfather Part III as well.

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
Or quite apt, being silent about her time as a silent screen star ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR