Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whose Wardrobe would you love to have??

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Simplicity to the max

Audrey's wardrobe. As a matter of fact if I only owned that black turtleneck, those black capris and loafers, I'd go through life a happy woman!

I must say that I have nothing either against the rest of her wardrobe, like all the dresses Givenchy designed for her for more formal occasions ;)

Note aside: Wardrobes of many 1920s and 1930s stars are candy for the eye :eusa_clap ... things of beauty too!

18913887_w434_h_q80.jpg

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Even if I had their clothes I wouldn't fit in them. :(

I'd say Mae West since she was more filled out but then I discovered:

Padded in most of her pictures. Mae West's real dimensions are: height 5 ft. 5 in., weight 120 lb., waist 26 in., hips 36 in., bust 36 in.

So my choices are Julia Childs or Eleanor Roosevelt. At least I have a chance to fit.

kyda

One of the Regulars
A mix of three

The wardrobe that I would love to have is a mixture of three movies. I would like to have Greer Garsons wardrobe out of Mrs Miniver, Roesmary Clooneys wardrobe out of White Christmas and I would also like to have Ingrid Bergmans out of Casablanca. I would also like to have the Wattle dress that the Queen wore when she came out to Australia in the 50's ( not sure of the exact year)

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Megan Follows (sp?) in Anne of Green Gables (when she is older) or Anne of Avonlea, though I also love the character who plays Diana Barry. These are the only clothes I would have a chance of fitting:( . My dimensions are too off to wear any of the stunning clothes of the wonderfully beautiful (and slender) women of the Golden Era. Oh, well, no big deal. I can still love looking at their clothes.
Sarah

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
can anyone tell me where to get a swimsuit like diana dors? BECAUSE DAMN THAT IS CUTE.[/QUOTE]

i got one last summer from american apparel,not my usual shopping place! but my friend works there and brought it home for me!!
maybe you could check ol' ebay!?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I'd love to have Ginger Rogers wardrobe. I love her sportswear and evening gowns! I also love Myrna Loy's outfits. Yummy. She gets the coolest hats.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Esme said:
I liked Bette Davis' wardrobe in Now Voyager. I even liked her "old maid" dresses, but I agree, those eyebrows had to go!!

BEST-MAKEOVER-MOVIE-EVER!!

Ditto that! I don't think her clothes would suit me, but WOW, what a movie. Has been tops on my movie list for YEARS.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Odalisque said:
Doris Day's in Romance on the High Seas. I love her slightly gaudy, over-the-top outfits.

2758389045_f5402c3a77.jpg
I love Doris Day's outfits in this movie. I loved her performance too. It's one of my favorite feel good fun movies.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tourbillion said:
Even if I had their clothes I wouldn't fit in them. :(

I'd say Mae West since she was more filled out but then I discovered:

So my choices are Julia Childs or Eleanor Roosevelt. At least I have a chance to fit.

Hey, we're fantasizing here, so we may as well imagine ourselves in our ideal size too! Why the heck not?
I am nowhere NEAR Kay Francis' size. I didn't even stop to think about the ugliness of reality intruding on this fun thread...

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Odalisque said:
Doris Day's in Romance on the High Seas. I love her slightly gaudy, over-the-top outfits.

2758389045_f5402c3a77.jpg

I just watched this movie last night and absolutely loved her clothes. Simply scrumpous to say the least.
Sarah

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley