Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whose Wardrobe would you love to have??

I'mSuzyParker

Familiar Face
Okay, I am watching way too much old tv/movies these days (vacation), but here's a question for the ladies. What characters' wardrobes would you love to have?? Here's mine (for now)

Daytime - Laura Petrie - the suits, the dresses, the capri pants, it's all good

Evening - Any Carole Lombard character's - the silk slip dresses.. perfect

Bedtime - Lucy & Desi's matching striped pajamas. How darn cute

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Esther Williams' swimsuits!

Rita Hayworth in Gilda for evening wear.

Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca for daytime wear.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kay Francis!
o_3067443-l.jpg

2286103459_0fa149ba3a_o.jpg

o_Annex_-_Francis,_Kay_(Man_Who_Lost_Himself,_The)_01.jpg

0399%20dixie%20francis%201a.jpg

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Well, I WAS going to say Kay Francis, but Miss 1929, you beat me to it! I pause the TiVo when I watch her movies, just to check out her gowns. :eek:fftopic: Purchased her bio, "I Can Hardly Wait to be Forgotten" and looking forward to some free time to begin reading. She never lost her verve!

just_me

Practically Family
Ginger Rogers clothes in the Fred and Ginger movies. Definitely. Years ago, when I went looking for a vintage wedding gown, that was my description when talking to sales people about what I was looking for. lol

Inky

One Too Many
good thread!!

for daytime wear - Katherine Hepburn in nearly anything she starred in with Spencer Tracy during the 40's. I love her look in Woman of the Year.

for evening - I bow to Joan Crawford. Sooooo 40's glam and crazy (!) perfection.

and I agree with MarieAnne - Esther Williams' swimsuits!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Myrna Loy in the 1930's. I love her whole wardrobe (Hats, suits, evening gowns etc...)
Also I would love Lauren Bacalls Wardrobe from Designing Woman along with her costar.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I re-watched 'How To Marry A Millionaire' last weekend and realised what fabulous wardrobes all 3 stars have:

Marry3Big.jpg

2919343355_97776c05a9.jpg

6a00c2251c59758fdb00e398f054210004-.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I would love anything from Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly's wardrobe during the 1950's and a lot of Marilyn Monroe's studio and personal wardrobe (I have a copy of the Christies catalogue for the auction of her personal effects and her clothes and accessories were divine).

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Rita Hayworth both her characters and her, she just had great clothes

And I would love Katherine Hepburn's day wear

fifties gal

New in Town
I just saw a movie with Michael Caine and Demi Moore called "Flawless". Her wardrobe, late 50s or early 60s was great. Also love the clothes on "Mad Men"- they're early 60s for sure.

Esme

One of the Regulars
I liked Bette Davis' wardrobe in Now Voyager. I even liked her "old maid" dresses, but I agree, those eyebrows had to go!!

BEST-MAKEOVER-MOVIE-EVER!!

Mary

Practically Family
Great tread! Please post more wonderful pictures. I love it! I know very little of actresses different styles.

Emer

One of the Regulars
Just one dress...

There is this one dress that Lucille Ball wears in "I Love Lucy," and eveytime I see it, it drives me crazy because I want it so badly! It's this beautiful white dress with a stand up coller and flowers/leaves just around the mid-section. I have no idea what it looks like in color, but it's so beautiful I'm tempted to blow my savings on having a tailor recreate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot