Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why are the rich so cheap?

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Now I know how the Grand Canyon was formed. :eusa_doh: Stinch dropped a penny down a crack in the ground. :p ;) [huh]

Regards,

J

:D Yeah, I've been known to chase down a penny I've dropped a time or two.:D

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
What's so funny is I'm that way about a penny, but can go spend $20 on something I find out I don't need and instead of taking it back, will just keep it or give it to someone who can use it. My wife gets on to me about that all the time.

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
It's the principle of the thing. I don't mind leaving a penny in the "take a penny, leave a penny" jar, but if the cashier just ASSUMES you don't want it, i would always demand it . . .

bk
Bingo. That was the real reason I did it. But, she looked at me like I was cheap or something. I usually will put a penny or two in the tray myself.

Caledonia

Practically Family
lol lol you guys! What's the debate? Do unto your loose change as you would have your accountant laud you for!

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
Caledonia said:
lol lol you guys! What's the debate? Do unto your loose change as you would have your accountant laud you for!
I guess I'm saying what some think of as cheap maybe just..........what? Help me out here.

Caledonia

Practically Family
I concur. Or I would if I knew what a spendthrift was? Sounds a bit like a contradiction of terms. Hope to be enlightened. :eek:

Stinchcomb said:
Yeah, good point. You'de probably get shot here in GA for that.:eusa_clap

Do I hear banjo music?
deliv01.jpg

"Squeal like a pig!" Better yet, like a penny in BK's hands. ;) :p

Regards,

J

Stinchcomb said:
:D Yeah, I've been known to chase down a penny I've dropped a time or two.:D

I've got sacks of the damned things. When I get change back, I usually throw it in the car ashtray, on the dresser or bag it. This is interesting because my wife manages to spend it for me. Its kind of like the Yin and Yang of change. :D
I can't be bothered carrying around change. Why can't they make 10, 25 and 50 cent bills like they did in the 1870s? I would carry those. :D

Regards,

J

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Do I hear banjo music?
deliv01.jpg

"Squeal like a pig!" Better yet, like a penny in BK's hands. ;) :p

Regards,

J

Yeah, I bet you gotta a purty mouth there city boy.

Didn’t mean to sound backwoods redneck about the shooting part, in the local news here in the Atlanta area there seems to be a lot of home invasions and more so than not the home owner shoots the invaders and see the perps off to jail or the morgue.

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
I've got sacks of the damned things. When I get change back, I usually throw it in the car ashtray, on the dresser or bag it. This is interesting because my wife manages to spend it for me. Its kind of like the Yin and Yang of change. :D
I can't be bothered carrying around change. Why can't they make 10, 25 and 50 cent bills like they did in the 1870s? I would carry those. :D

Regards,

J

I actually hate change in my pocket. We have an old glass water bottle that we put all our loose change in. We emptied it about 5 years ago and it added up to nearly $500 and was only about half full. We'll it's nearly half full agian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24