Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why are the rich so cheap?

Stinchcomb said:
Didn’t mean to sound backwoods redneck about the shooting part, in the local news here in the Atlanta area there seems to be a lot of home invasions and more so than not the home owner shoots the invaders and see the perps off to jail or the morgue.

I wish people here had that kind of self reliance. Here they shiver in the closet while the perps take whatever they want. :eusa_doh: Not at my house though. If you are caught here at night doing no good, you will still be here in the morning. ;)

Regards,

J

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
The non-food party was for the crashers and B-listers. The real party was in the back room.
I read some article or essay or something about a photographer taking pictures of people for a book or article or something. The rich people expected to be paid and the poor people wanted to know how much they owed! (No sums, of course, were in fact exchanged.)

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
I wish people here had that kind of self reliance. Here they shiver in the closet while the perps take whatever they want. :eusa_doh: Not at my house though. If you are caught here at night doing no good, you will still be here in the morning. ;)

Regards,

J

Yeah, same here, because of the regularity of these events, we’re always alert. As a matter of fact last night someone knocked on the door. I looked through a window they where not aware of, and it was a pizza guy (we didn't order a pizza), but because I believe in being polite and not just yelling at him through the door that I didn’t order it, I opened the door to let him know he must have the wrong house, but he was never aware that I had a 45 Colt in my hand behind my back.:cool:

It’s very sad that this is what the world has come to. I so much worry for my little girls.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Stinchcomb said:
It’s very sad that this is what the world has come to. I so much worry for my little girls.
Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose. The world's always been a dangerous place, we just got in the bad habit of taking the thin veneer of civilization for granted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24