Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Having My Hair Thinned Affect My Styling?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12480
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12480

I do love having thick hair, but I was hoping to have it thinned out a little bit when I next went to the Hairdressers. Its just a lot to handle when pincurling! I was wondering if any of you knew if this would affect how I style my hair?

I am trying to grow out some layers that are still a little too short near the top, and was wondering if having it thinned out would make these more difficult to handle?
Thanks!

xxxx

Tatum

Practically Family
Hi Annie,

I'll share my experience with you. When I first started having my hair cut in the middy style, my stylist would recommend things that might help in case I needed to just wash and go. At one point, she suggested thinning my hair after pin-curling it for me, since there is so much of it. It was harder to set, as I had all these different lengths within the cut. I always use end papers, as I am fish-hook head without them regardless, but even with end papers it was tough.

The only thing that really worked was cutting the layers dramatically different from a regular middy, but I wasn't as happy with the cut.

However, your mileage may vary. As I always tell my stylists, "It's just hair, it will grow back, so let's see if it works!" :)

D

Deleted member 12480

I agree with you there, I might just get the ends 'tapered' a little so its easier to work with.

Thankyou for your help!

xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters