Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Withnail's Coat

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Finally had some time (but, sadly, no one else to take pics).

Here it is, my 2013 Withnail coat from Andrea Galer. Sorry for the quality of the pics, views, but the best I could do to get something finally up here.

To set the scene, the trousers are from Sears, nothing special but the look is great. The waistcoat is from Magnoli clothiers, from the Barnett College suit I have, shirt is also Magnoli, can't recall which, and the tie is dead stock 1920s, one of two I got a while back (I should pop into the ties thread).

24872201969_aaec45253a_c.jpg

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
More shortly.

I'm seriously working on my fitness, diet and overall health, so my waist has gone back to a 32 inch sizing, and my chest and back are developing a bit. Today the coat fit brilliantly, even better perhaps than it did after the fittings with Andrea and at Davies and Son. I was probably 18 - 20 pounds heavier then, and I'm down 23 from my pre-deployment weight.

Enjoy,

Sean

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That looks fantastic Cairo. You must be delighted. Well done. How about a full figure shot? What's it feel like on? Is it heavy?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Detail of the lining in the tails.

It is not as shiny as that in natural light, I used a flash which has given it a glow a bit more exaggerated, more of a sheen in reality:

24609248434_1ab133a9f3_c.jpg

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
That looks fantastic Cairo. You must be delighted. Well done. How about a full figure shot? What's it feel like on? Is it heavy?

Not heavy at all, it is surprisingly light for so much coat.

As above, I need the wife to take a shot; a bathroom mirror and my own hand only gets you so far.

Context, that needs to be kept in context...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner