Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine Stockton Engineer Boots - Size 9D

AndrewC

New in Town
Manufacturer's blurb:
The Stockton boot is an updated interpretation of a traditional engineer boot designed to protect the wearer with durable, lasting construction and leathers. Made in the USA, the Stockton features Horween Predator leather, a leather outsole with a Vibram® forepart, and a stacked leather heel with a Vibram heel lift for added traction. Goodyear™ Welt construction ensures long-lasting durability and a leather footbed provides cushion in each step. Adjustable buckle straps around the ankle and calf allow for a customized fit and complement the rugged style of the boot.

My blurb:
I bought these in the summer of 2014 from a store in Ottawa, Canada by mailorder, but they are just a bit too small for me. They are SIZE 9D. They have been worn maybe 20-25 times - still in excellent shape - no scrapes or scuffs, and starting to break in nicely. The list price was $485, but they were on sale for $325 at the time (+ tax and shipping). A great comfortable boot. Great for motorcycling or casual wear. Selling for $200 US + 35 Shipping in US/Canada.

Just to note, I take size 8.5E in Whites Semi Dress and 9.5 in sneakers and typical footwear (sneakers, Clarks), and these were just a little too snug in length and width and it started to bother me after a while.

kyboots

Practically Family
Andrew I wear a pair of Stockton engineers and they are great. I wear a 13D so I am not competing with your boots, but I think the price is a little more than most here would expect to pay because of those killer sales.. I love the boots, and they are still on sale at the $300 plus rate depending on the store. Some with free shipping so the compettion is pretty stiff for you. A real bad problem occurred last fall when another Canadian store had a clearance of these knocking them down to the $200-$250 plus shipping range. A killer when you know they originated at $400+. Those were deals but by the time I found out my size was gone. Hope I am wrong and they sell quickly. I will certainly vouch for the boots, well made, hold up well, good looking, and comfortable. Can't go wrong with these.

AndrewC

New in Town
Yes, I did see those sales (I wish I had of got in on that), but they are gone now and as far as I know they do not make this boot anymore. And with the dropping Canadian dollar, $200 Cdn is now only about $175 US. But I am open to offers if there is any interest. I just bought a new pair in 9.5 and they fit great (the little extra room makes a big difference) - but they were hard to find (took me a while) and cost me $340 Cdn shipped. I think they are a great boot. The leather is quite substantial compared to the Redwing, Frye and Chippewa boots I looked at - and the shaft diameter is still narrow enough to wear then under most slim/straight cut jeans.

Mark Butcher

Familiar Face
Do you know how these may be sized in regards to Red Wing? I wear a 9D in the Red Wing engineer but a 9.5 in most other shoes.
I am interested in these but I want to be sure of the sizing.

AndrewC

New in Town
I have not tried on the Red Wing boot before. I can tell you that I take size 9.5 or 10 in most department store sneakers (reebok, sacouny) and shoes - and 8.5E in Whites. My feet measure 10 5/8" long (standing, heel to toe) and 4" wide. I would say that if your foot measurement was smaller by 1/4" in both measurements, these boots would fit nicely. But I couldn't guarantee it, because it also depends on the circumference of your foot too. I can measure the internal length of the foot bed when I get home and let you know that measurement if you would like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner