Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WONDERFUL 1930s PINSTRIPE SUIT -- doesn't get much better!

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Wow. My size, and a style I'd love to own... but way above my price range. Oh well, it's good to see what one looks like, at least! Thanks for posting the link, Marc.

-Steven

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
You're very welcome, Steven.

May I ask what your price range is for this kind of suit?

Sadly, thrift store prices are all I can manage at the moment. If this beauty is around $80 with 3 days left... that doesn't look to good for poor ol' college kid me. I wish I could find more true '40s stuff in good shape for single-digit prices, but I make do with the '50s, '60s, and 40's-looking (if viewed from a distance) items I find.

-Steven

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Gorgeous. And my size...

Sadly, thrift store prices are all I can manage at the moment. If this beauty is around $80 with 3 days left... that doesn't look to good for poor ol' college kid me. I wish I could find more true '40s stuff in good shape for single-digit prices, but I make do with the '50s, '60s, and 40's-looking (if viewed from a distance) items I find.

-Steven

Stick in there. That's how I started out: poor and not much true vintage around. I eventually saved up enough to get some good pieces. Now I'm getting married and going back to being broke, at least for a little while...

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Go get 'em, Thunder! The suit will be in good hands (and good company, for sure), if you get it.

Thanks for the encouragement, too. I don't feel too bad not having money for real vintage things. I'm very protective of valuable or unique things I own, but the beat-up or otherwise imperfect things get used a lot! (Hence why I was glad to get a rather, ahem, "well-loved" trumpet.) As long as I can find stuff like this for under $10 and not feel bad wearing them often, I'm happy!
WhatIWear_10-16-11_img2.JPG

Happy bidding!
-Steven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner