Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wool suit storage

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, it's just about summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, and I've just packed all my winter weight wool suits and jackets into a couple of garment bags, tossed in a few mothballs, and stuck them into the back closet.
Any other suggestions on how to keep wool in the summer, especially how to keep the little mothies away? I've had some VERY bad experiences with the little mothies. Thanks.

mister7

Familiar Face
I have also had terrible problems with moths. I have designated one of my closets my wool storage area and keep it loaded with mothballs year-round. Saves me the trouble of bagging stuff up. Also, I am of the opinion that my clothes hang more naturally and will look better when worn if not constricted in storage bags. It is too hot a fair amount of the year in this area to wear my suits to work, so by necessity they must be stored in way that prevents insect damage. I have a couple of drawers with the same scheme for sweaters, etc... Oddly enough I have a couple of wool items that have never had insect problems that I have not ever taken precautions with. I am big into cycling and have a pair of leg warmers that are 25 years old with no damage. Its almost as if they are made with something that is not tasty! I wish all my wool clothes could possess the same property.

MS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo