Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

World War 2 archeology

Really great stuff there! I wonder how much stuff there is in the English Channel that haven't been found yet? There must be tons of aircraft that just ditched due to not having enough fuel to get back to their English bases...I wonder what condition are some of those are in? Somebody call Ballard and his ROVs and get to work!

I thought Nick Danger was a detective? Nick Danger 3rd eye...

Chas

One Too Many
I love this one.

img84.jpg

"Hey, Ivan...I need rear window glass for my Benz. Can I look around your scrapyard for one?"
"Sure.".....
"Cool. Thanks, man. Wait a mo...Uhh...Did you know you have a Panther Tank sitting in your scrapyard?"
"Yeah, but it doesn't run. Why, you interested?"

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Really great stuff there! I wonder how much stuff there is in the English Channel that haven't been found yet? There must be tons of aircraft that just ditched due to not having enough fuel to get back to their English bases...I wonder what condition are some of those are in? Somebody call Ballard and his ROVs and get to work!

I thought Nick Danger was a detective? Nick Danger 3rd eye...
Yeah, must be an incredible amount of stuff buried all over Europe. Farmers still find shells in their fields from the fist war!
And yeah,...I am a PI. Had to do something after the war, so I took the home correspondence course I found in the back of a comic b,.. err, periodical I read. :D

Chas

One Too Many
I think that perhaps the guy who runs this website belongs to a group of Dutch guys that call themselves "The Diggers". I am not absolutely sure of this, but recall seeing a website of a similar bent focusing on WWI archaeology. I use that term generously, as their methods are decidedly non-professional in their approach.

Small miracle they haven't blown themselves up yet. If in fact that is who this website owner is. Like I said, I wasn't sure. Some of the descriptions of their finds in the WWI battlefields left me more than a little uneasy about what they were doing.

EDIT: I found a reference to a group called "The Diggers." They're Belgian amateur archaeologists.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot