Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: 20+ oz denim trucker jacket, M/L (IH or something...)

Since it's all I seem to be wearing these days, figured I'd invest into something decent so yeah, looking for one of those super heavy 20+ oz jean jackets. The heavier, the better. Sky's the limit.

Those 21 OZ jackets from IH would've been perfect but they're out of 'em ATM and I'm kinda hoping for a good deal here.

Blue. Any shade. Or any color other than black.

Preferably Type-III or Lee 101J but generally I don't care as long as it's in a standard trucker/jean style.

Size M or L tops.

Thank you very much!

20140214_135412s1u5b.jpg

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
I read the other day the IH have stopped making the 526J in favour of the 526PJ, the one with pockets, shame really as it's a great jacket as is.

Seen it, very nice but unfortunately, too long. I like that it's got inside pockets but at 27" just too long. But thank you! :D

for what it is worth i have a 526j and love it its a keeper though. fit is spot on. slight taper at waist, longer sleeve, highly recommend that one. i have a 40 inch chest wear a 42 selfedge has one
http://www.selfedge.com/jackets-vests/iron-heart?product_id=271

or they have many of those w handwarmer pockets in stock. i bought mine from selfedge i think they ship worldwide

L's are all gone... 38 would be too small. The other ones are either all gone or too long. I'm buying just one of these, I wanna get it right the first time. The IH-526J would be absolutely perfect... But I guess I'm late to the party. Thank you for the link, tho!

I read the other day the IH have stopped making the 526J in favour of the 526PJ, the one with pockets, shame really as it's a great jacket as is.

Don't mind the pockets as long as it's not, well, long. Can't stand these in 27" back length...

If anyone knows of any shop in Europe that still has IH-526J, let me know. I've no idea where to look... :(

How about the pj then, back is 25.2 for an L

Somehow I managed not to even notice that one..! It's all so new to me. It seems perfect. Even the inside pockets. They even have my size in stock... I wish I could try it on but seems like M might fit well... And it says these jackets stretch a bit. Might just pull the trigger on that one. Thanks, Dav!

ksozay

One Too Many
Get the M. Knowing you and how your like your jackets to fit, the M will be a little snug early (i.e. you will sprain your thumbs buttoning it) but over time it will stretch a bit and fit you like a slim 40. Both the jacket I have are M, the L had a bit too much of a boxy fit for my taste.

Get the M. Knowing you and how your like your jackets to fit, the M will be a little snug early (i.e. you will sprain your thumbs buttoning it) but over time it will stretch a bit and fit you like a slim 40. Both the jacket I have are M, the L had a bit too much of a boxy fit for my taste.

M it is, then! Thank you for the tip! Figured the M is the way to go. I know denim relaxes quite a bit, even that heavy stuff. With size out of the way, you know anything about this Elephant stuff? I dig the logo.

i3TKFMv.jpg

Last edited:

ksozay

One Too Many
M it is, then! Thank you for the tip! Figured the M is the way to go. I know denim relaxes quite a bit, even that heavy stuff. With size out of the way, you know anything about this Elephant stuff? I dig the logo.

i3TKFMv.jpg

Naked and famous makes a decent quality product. As always, quality is subjective. But I’ve got some of their denim jeans and like them. Check out Oni, if you want another alternative to IH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

felix03

One of the Regulars
I second ksozay's recommendation of Oni denim. I have a pair of Oni jeans in the 20oz 'secret denim' and I love the texture and slubbiness. You should also check out Stevenson Overall.

Don't know if you're familiar with Denimio -- they're a online retailer out of Yokohama who do free worldwide shipping -- but I've bought a couple things from them and their service is great

Last edited:

ksozay

One Too Many
I'm hooked to these now. So still looking! :D

And so the disease enters the second phase... we watch powerlessly as Monitor dives ever deeper.

Naked and Famous is decent. Good product good price.
Because you don't like the "hairy slubby" feel of Oni, check Samurai.
Check Japan Blue, they also have an amazing Sapphire Blue denim jacket. I have the jeans, amazing texture and color.
Or get the Black Iron Heart and be done with it.

And so the disease enters the second phase... we watch powerlessly as Monitor dives ever deeper.

Check Japan Blue, they also have an amazing Sapphire Blue denim jacket. I have the jeans, amazing texture and color.

And I embrace the second phase! Bring it on!!!

Naked and Famous looks really nice and I'd like a T-shirt with that logo but most of that Nipponese stuff is unattainable to me 'cause of the import taxes and shipping and stuff. So I'm pretty much stuck with begging for leftovers or IH of course which isn't such a bad deal at all.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

Yeah, and I'm following close behind down this other rabbit hole. :)
I like the look of the long cut of the IH, but $400 for a jean jacket?.......
And, the answer is..........

ksozay

One Too Many
Yeah, and I'm following close behind down this other rabbit hole. :)
I like the look of the long cut of the IH, but $400 for a jean jacket?.......
And, the answer is..........

When you REALLY think about it. $400 for an IH jacket, spread that cost over 10 years. It's really $40 per year which you are paying up front. $20 if you keep it an additional 10 years.

Which is cheaper than most denim jackets.

The question becomes - can you really afford not to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24