Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB 7 3/8 feds/homs - tired of ebay surfing

babs

A-List Customer
Whatcha got? Interested in fur felts Feds, homs, etc.

I'm VERY much a newb.. The collection is slim. 1 slick milan Dobbs; 1 modern miller/biltmore, 1 wool bailey hom purchased prior to receiving an education in good fur felt; and I have crossed over to the dark side of vintage with a dunlap gray 2" brim that has me instantly converted to good old furfelt feds though I hope to have an Akubra CD someday as well. I'm also a homburg fan as well as fed fan, and might even be pursuaded into a bowler after seeing a few pics of a well-fitting derby/bowler on a noggin.. It can be done.

... In short, open to 7 3/8 hats without much work needed for wear (as I'm a newb).

So you see my collection is slim, and my budget tight within the concept of stashing for a good value should a solid hat come along maybe at one at a time.. But I need to build up the hat-rack and hear my wife yell at me "NO MORE!". :)

hat from Carli that hatter

I have a vintage hat from Carli the hatter in Buffalo, ny

img241.jpg

you can see more pics at http://picasaweb.google.com/robbiehatfield

then click on "Fedoras and more"

it s a solid 7 3/8. sweat's in rather good shape, pretty flexible. needs about 1" restitched.

couple of smaller spots on hat, but not noticeable unless you look close.

babs

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
See the "Whipped by Our Wives?" thread.
..Oh I can imagine. I used to own a Harley as well... "used to" being the keywords.

Chiliarches said:
May be able to hook you up...give me a few days.
.. Sounds like you have to "see a man about a horse" first. hehehe :)

RobFedoraField said:
I have a vintage hat from Carli the hatter in Buffalo, ny
img241.jpg

you can see more pics at http://picasaweb.google.com/robbiehatfield
then click on "Fedoras and more"
it s a solid 7 3/8. sweat's in rather good shape, pretty flexible. needs about 1" restitched.
couple of smaller spots on hat, but not noticeable unless you look close.

Rob, That's a sharp hat. I guess you might call that a Stratoliner style? Don't know if I possess the skills to do the stitching work though.

babs

A-List Customer
Marcus said:
What would one be asking for the above hat (should the thread author pass on it, that is)? I'm in the same boat as Babs. Feebay has been a big downer as far as lids.

.. Fine with me. It's all fair game here I say. :) Post away.. If it benefits all in here among the loungers, I'm good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael