Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Cafe Racer (black) in size 40/42

Greetings and salutations, fellow loungers!

Looking to buy a quality, black CR in size 40 or 42, depending on the measurements. Got hooked to the style again.
Something along the lines of Schott 641/141, Vanson Model A/B or Aero/Alexander CR, would do just fine - as long as the jacket's black, not too long and has a bi-swing or full action back, I'm happy. I guess I don't mind vintage pieces, just as long as the jacket is in a really good condition, but to be perfectly honest, I'd rather have something of a more recent manufacture as I plan on wearing it on a daily basis. So, either something new, replicating something old, or an older jacket in a really good shape.

Generally what I had in mind:
il_570xN.462443153_gf6b.jpg

If someone's interested in a trade, I've got a brand new, not even a month old and worn handful of times, insanely beautiful FQHH Aero J106 (sz. 42) I could trade you for a CR of similar condition and value. Before you ask, yeah, it's the length. I ****ed up the length and it's just not working for me. I've been asked whether the jacket's, perhaps, too small for me one too many times to feel comfortable wearing it so it has to go. Nevermind the fact that it's a standard Buco length, no - the jacket's, apparently, too small. If nobody's in for a trade, I'll be putting it up for sale but if you're interested in the jacket, I'm open to offers so fire away.

So yeah, if you have something of a kind, please do drop me a PM. :D

It should be noted that I am located in Europe.

Thanks and cheers!

Bah, hit the third page already... C'mon fellas, nothing? :D Some good old Brooks, Fidelity, Sears, Oakbrook, Schott, etc. will do just fine, too! European eBay's kinda dry right now.

Still looking, apparently. :) Now that Aero's gone, my jacket budget has suddenly increased and what better way to waste some cash than on another leather jacket. I know there's Greedbay for that sort of thing, but there are kinds of risks and restrictions there, with sellers not willing to ship the jacket internationally and what not, plus I never seem to win a bidding war so I'd rather deal with someone trustworthy from here. I'm sure you'd rather save a few bucks the eBay would normally charge you for their outstanding services, too. So, if anyone's got something, please do let me know.

Old stuff's welcomed just as new but please, nothing super rare and thus super expensive. I've been offered an excellent early Tauber's in horsehide, for a price that is, I believe, very good for such an old and rare item but unfortunately, not so good for me as I am not a collector but rather on a quest for a cool jacket I plan on wearing every day. :)

Thank you!

Still looking! Thanks to pawineguy for more than excellent offer. Sadly, jacket is a bit too large.

e0142550_21472211.jpg

Pictured; British Cycle Leathers CR jacket.

One in the picture I posted? I don't think so. Found it through a Google image search, on a Japanese website. Said underneath that the jacket is SOLD OUT. It's a pretty standard British Cycle Leathers Cafe Racer. There's one exactly like that on the bay right now.

tnjyoung, I'd definitely go with a new Vanson but unfortunately, I'm in Europe. Which means, while Vanson is indeed very fairly priced in the States, it's a whole different story here. Check out the price of this Enfield from a UK distributor, for example: www.ebay.com/itm/291377787503

With UK shipping, that's nearly double what it costs in the States, and it's no different with Schott, Langlitz, LW or any other manufacturer from across the Atlantic! But yeah, with import taxes and all that crap, it's close to how much I would have to pay if I got one from, say, Thruston and I just don't have that kind of money - if I did, I'd just go with Aero - which is why I'm trying my luck here. I often see some very sweet deals on TFL so... Just a month ago, Mendelboaz was practically giving away his Schott 614HH and Pawnieguy's offer was insanely fair, especially considering the fact that the jacket is brand new.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VINTAGE-Fide...R-MOTORCYCLE-JACKET-MADE-USA-46-/161594204431
This would be great - insanely beautiful jacket, great condition, fantastic deal... Alas, waaay too large. :(

robrinay

One Too Many
Gumtree is always worth a look. It's not as safe as eBay as sellers don't always have PayPal but there are some bargains to be had. In the past I've picked up 2 Moulton Apb bikes., a tri - lamina pan set - all cheap. and a couple of weeks ago I bagged a new with tags Vanson Comet (armor version) in a 44" for £150. Try a general search such as biker jacket. Rob

Gumtree? First I hear of the site but thank you, robrinay. :D I'll be checking it out. I'm also looking on Etsy, some fine deals can be had there as well, but nothing terribly interesting ATM.

Jackofalljackets

New in Town
Hello,

I bought a schott 641hh recently, partly because of reading your posts talking the jacket up. It is a beaut, I must say, so thanks for the reccomendation. I bought mine off US ebay (I am In LA) from this seller called drifter productions who gave it to me for a bargain price 250$ less than the retail price. I am not affiliated with this guy, fyi, but it may be worth your looking into. Maybe ask him to mark the price down to avoid customs. He also ships overseas. Even with shipping costs it may be a good deal for you.

Jack, no problem, I'm glad you're happy with the 641. Schott makes outstanding jackets, there's no question about it. Thank you for the hint re. Drifter Productions. I've already stumbled upon their eBay sales some time ago but completely forgot about 'em but yeah, you're right, those prices are really great. Sent them an Email already. I would really like to get the Schott CAF1, perhaps they can get one?

Thanks again!

Jackofalljackets

New in Town
Its worth asking for sure. They seem to have a steady stream of Schott product and may be able to get you the CAF1, though that model seems harder to come by. I rarely see one on ebay.

Hello,

Still looking for something. Perhaps luck will serve me this time, so if anyone from the forum got something in my size (40-ish), that's not super turbo expensive as those fancy HH's, please let me know. :)

b_brown_front.jpg

Bjorn240

One of the Regulars
Hi - I have a Vanson AR2, size 40, recent US production, worn fewer than 20 times. I sold my sport rider jacket and bought this, thinking I would use it to do short rides and could then wear it off the bike. But I still wear my Aerostich almost every time I'm on the bike.

I should know in a week or two whether I'll have any work trips to London in the next 8 weeks or so. If so, maybe we can work a deal - shipped from London or some such. Probably only makes sense if I can ship from within the UK.

Bruce Kent

Familiar Face
https://www.cultizm.com/advanced_search_result.php?x=0&y=0&keywords=cafe+racer

either one of these work? I just bought the Schott on the left. It looks incredibly similar to the Caf1. I had the Caf1 Horsehide in XL, but it was too big. I was tempted to send it to Arrow Leathers to have it altered, but then found this one. I asked for measurements for the XL:

Chest: 57cm
Shoulder: 46cm
Sleeve: 67.5cm
Back Length: 67.5 cm

With free shipping to the US and deduction of VAT, it cost me a little under 500. Not crazy about the bright orange lining, but the rest seems really nice. I can shoot you some pics when it arrives if you want. I've been watching it for months now, and they sold out of the large and price only dropped once, so I finally pulled the trigger.

Bjorn240, you kidding me!? Model A is the one I'm after and it's in my size, even! So, yes, definitely interested! :D Please let me know. I'm not in the UK, but another EU member country. I see you still don't have PM privileges so this is my email, where you - or anyone else - can write me with the details and all: nav.buoy@gmail.com

Bruce Kent, the CR looks fantastic and I am interested, but I'm not sure I understand if you're selling the one you just bought, or..? :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic