Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Hat Steamer

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a hat steamer, like the Jiffy brand model.

Please contact me with details if you have one for sale.

Regards
Pete

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Actually was looking to spend under 100 if at all possible...

Actually was looking to spend under 100 if at all possible...

I use a Rowenta hand steamer. There are two used on Amazon right now for $35. I think it works really well, produces a large volume of steam and is effective as a cleaner as well as just a steamer.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Here's mine. It's the knob on the left. I swivel the nozzle to the left & out. It has a nice brass boiler & puts out plenty of steam. The knob on the right is for if I need some hot water.

s1nnmd.jpg

A heavy duty steam iron, kettle or portable travel steamer will work fine if you are looking to freshen up a hat every once in a while. If you have a large collection and/or intend to restore vintage hats on a regular basis there is no comparison with the ease and volume of the Jiffy J-1. It will set you back the cost of one hat.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
A heavy duty steam iron, kettle or portable travel steamer will work fine if you are looking to freshen up a hat every once in a while. If you have a large collection and/or intend to restore vintage hats on a regular basis there is no comparison with the ease and volume of the Jiffy J-1. It will set you back the cost of one hat.
I think you are so very correct, Alan. I have used a kettle for a long time, in fact I actually melted the plastic handle off the side of one steaming one fedora for Daniel. Plus to get the hat close to the steam from a kettle, you do pick up a lot of heat from the sides off the fire or electric burner (which ever type of stove top you have) so a real steamer is in my opinion the best way to go. I just ordered one myself, and a Jiffy seems to be the best bet...heavy duty than the smaller portables. I consider it a good investment, after all, show your hats some love! Hahaha!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
My steamer as well.
I have the same kettle...the plastic handle melted all the way off doing a hat....hahah!
What do they say, "if ya cannot handle the heat, get out of the kitchen"! Well, my kettle had to go...it did not handle the heat after 4 years of use...so not too bad for a while. I did order a Jiffy. Looking forward to use it as well.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I have the same kettle...the plastic handle melted all the way off doing a hat....hahah!
What do they say, "if ya cannot handle the heat, get out of the kitchen"! Well, my kettle had to go...it did not handle the heat after 4 years of use...so not too bad for a while. I did order a Jiffy. Looking forward to use it as well.
Hahahaha. Mine did something similar. It over heated and the lid started to melt so some steam escapes and it doesn't produce as much out of the spout.

Reactions: RJR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner