Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wtb: Pale Grey Fedora, 7 1/2

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
Looking for a tall crowned, wide brimmed fedora in a pale grey to replace an old beater of mine. The color of this one is a soft watery silver grey instead of that red-ish taupe grey you often see in vintage hats. Any leads? It can be a beater as well, so long as it doesn't have any major moth damage or holes.

makitright

One of the Regulars
You know I have this in 7 5/8 right? But the two I have are mint Dobbs 20 - so not beater territory and hence not beater price territory.

I have a more used McAndrew 25 (beaver content number) so very good quality vintage felt. I would say it is a medium grey and not your silver mist. You see the wear only when looking into the hat upside down, mostly just the sweat. Outward appearance looks very good and does not look like a beater at all. It has a tall crown, probably 5", the brim is 2 1/2". Liner is washed out so detail is weak and it is out of the hat. Sweat has some minor thread separation but it is in good shape. I wear it as an up brim casual look and quite like it.

I have a Dobbs 20 stingy as well - pristine. Tall crown at 5" and maybe slightly taller. It looks exactly like this Rorschach lid from the Watchmen. It's a beauty.

watchmen71.jpg

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
You know I have this in 7 5/8 right? But the two I have are mint Dobbs 20 - so not beater territory and hence not beater price territory.

I have a more used McAndrew 25 (beaver content number) so very good quality vintage felt. I would say it is a medium grey and not your silver mist. You see the wear only when looking into the hat upside down, mostly just the sweat. Outward appearance looks very good and does not look like a beater at all. It has a tall crown, probably 5", the brim is 2 1/2". Liner is washed out so detail is weak and it is out of the hat. Sweat has some minor thread separation but it is in good shape. I wear it as an up brim casual look and quite like it.

I have a Dobbs 20 stingy as well - pristine. Tall crown at 5" and maybe slightly taller. It looks exactly like this Rorschach lid from the Watchmen. It's a beauty.

watchmen71.jpg
Message me with photos, if you're willing to part with one

makitright

One of the Regulars
Stingy is a 60's thing. Maybe tall crown smaller brim (but not less than 2") could be 30's.
Definitely not 40's.

McAndrew is probably 60's based on its 2 1/2 " brim dimension. Could be mid to late 50's.

Nothing from 40's on this trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran