Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Penney's Marathon

scooter

Practically Family
My grandfather religiously wore one, and as a matter of fact, I still have it, but it is way too small for me. I would really like to find one and wondered if anyone had a line on one in 7 1/2, although I could probably make a 7 3/8 work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

That would be the Whippet style, for the record.

Last edited:
My grandfather religiously wore one, and as a matter of fact, I still have it, but it is way too small for me. I would really like to find one and wondered if anyone had a line on one in 7 1/2, although I could probably make a 7 3/8 work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

They came in lots of styles. Some look like an Open Road, some like a Whippet. Which style are you trying to match?

scooter

Practically Family
I would have to say the Whippet. I honestly was unaware they came in more than one style. Thanks for the heads up. I'll do a little more research and see if I can narrow it down, but I'm pretty sure it is the Whippet.

scooter

Practically Family
It is a small, but I'm not selling it. It was my grandfather's and one of only two items of his I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael