Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Stetson 100 Suitcase Inserts

Landman

One Too Many
I know this is a long shot but thought I would give it a try anyway. I have a nice Stetson 100 suitcase but it is missing the plastic inserts. If anybody has some and would like to sell them please let me know. Thanks.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
If you do not find one, make a insert Mike. Some luan wood, balsa wood, cloth or silk material, barge contact cement, just make a shelf to sit on thin strips of balsa wood at the height you would need to clear the top and bottom of the case when the hat is in the insert. Make the insert from a sheet of luan (they make some really thin almost like a veneer). Cover and glue the material onto the insert. Daniel thinks it would only take you several hours time and you'd have a custom made insert.

We had a case older than the Stetson 100 cases, it had a shelf insert covered with silk that looked like the inside of a coffin! LOL No plastic.

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I've been pretty busy lately so I haven't tried contacting Buler. I knew he had made some before but I didn't realize he had a thread showing how he did it until David posted the link. I have two 100 cases and one still has it's inserts. They are in very good shape too. I might try making some myself. I also know of a small acrylic plastic shop here in town that sells the plastic and also makes things like picture frames and menu holders. Maybe they could reproduce them. I'll keep everybody posted. Thanks again.

PS: Wish I could find some keys too!

buler

I'll Lock Up
I have enough plastic left to make about 5-6 sets. Just haven't found the time to do it. It takes quite a while. Don't want to make any promises and get people's hopes up. I had an extra key or two somewhere, but not sure if I can find them....

B

Landman

One Too Many
Thanks Buler and Tom. I don't really need them but would like to have at least one key for each of my two suitcases. If you do get around to making any more inserts you can count me in for a set.

I haven't had time to stop by the plastic store here but I have a feeling they may be able to make these. It has been a few years since I've been in there but it is a small shop and they had some other unusual acrylic items they had made like display cases. If they can do it I'll get a price and see if anybody else wants some while they have my originals to use as as template.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic