Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: straw fedora, prefer gray, size 7'ish

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
I've had great luck with this classified section, so here goes again:

I'm looking for a well cared for spring hat to complement my wardrobe. To that end I am looking for a gray straw fedora in a size 7 to 7 1/8. The circumfrence of my head is 22 inches exactly. I would prefer a pinch front crown, and a brim that is atleast 2 inches, preferably even larger, but not more than 2 3/4 inches. Looking at pictures, I am sort of partial to the look of the Akubra "Capricorn," which seems to be a pretty standard crown shape as seen here:

http://www.hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=69&returncat=Straw+Hats&returnpage=0

Hope someone has something that fits the bill here. Thanks.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Our own Panama Bob

has some new gray panamas -Panama Hat Works Montecristi GREYSON FREE SHIP sizes, that may fit the bill.

I tried to get one last season but I was too late. I think the gray is a bit cooler, bluer (i.e.- less warm) than it comes out in the photo. At any rate, you can't go wrong w/ PB as many here will attest to.

Keep in mind too, a summer panama being a bit loose is not altogether a bad thing, IMHO. And a belated welcome to you as well, Mr. Zack, glad to have ya' onboard!

As for the Capricorn, be aware it is plastic "straw", I don't think you you need that on yer bean in the Vegas sun.

Last edited:

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
has some new gray panamas -Panama Hat Works Montecristi GREYSON FREE SHIP sizes, that may fit the bill.

I tried to get one last season but I was too late. I think the gray is a bit cooler, bluer (i.e.- less warm) than it comes out in the photo. At any rate, you can't go wrong w/ PB as many here will attest to.

Keep in mind too, a summer panama being a bit loose is not altogether a bad thing, IMHO. And a belated welcome to you as well, Mr. Zack, glad to have ya' onboard!

As for the Capricorn, be aware it is plastic "straw", I don't think you you need that on yer bean in the Vegas sun.

Thank you for the information. I will take a serious look. And thanks for the info about the Capricorn. I didn't realize it was plastic! Plastic? Really? Plastic, go figure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn