Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Suede Trucker/Type 3 Size 42

technovox

One Too Many
In the market for a Suede trucker/type 3 jacket. Looking for a lighter shade- sand, warm golden color. I wear a size 42. PM me if you have anything that’s been sitting in your closet that needs purging. Cheers!

Al 916

One Too Many
Truckers are so easy to wear.
I tried an unlined one out the other day (just a cheap Gap) however the drape was not pleasant. I suspect a better brand would solve this (keeping my eyes out for a suede Maverick).

If anything that might suit you guys comes up this side of the water I will post in Finds.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Truckers are so easy to wear.
I tried an unlined one out the other day (just a cheap Gap) however the drape was not pleasant. I suspect a better brand would solve this (keeping my eyes out for a suede Maverick).

If anything that might suit you guys comes up this side of the water I will post in Finds.
I have one of those Gap incoming for me today... Was kinda hoping it would fit well, but now I'm not expecting much anymore haha
We'll see

Screenshot_20230608_114302_Vinted.jpg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
In the market for a Suede trucker/type 3 jacket. Looking for a lighter shade- sand, warm golden color. I wear a size 42. PM me if you have anything that’s been sitting in your closet that needs purging. Cheers!

I keep seeing older Aero Type 3 jackets on Yahoo! Japan auctions, and they are typically under $300, which I can't understand why they don't sell at that price. 42 is a bit uncommon in Japan, most are 36-40, but you will see them from time to time.

Last year when I was on the hunt for a suede trucker, I bought several, looking for just the right one, and I can probably stand to part with 1-2 of them. When I get home I can write up some description notes and send you photos.

technovox

One Too Many
Thanks for the link. I owned a vintage Levis type 3 suede a while back. The suede on those jacket is simply amazing...the right color, thickness, hang, etc. The only problem, and the reason I sold it- the sleeves are rediculously too short...at about 22 inches from shoulder seam to end of sleeve cuff. Otherwise, I would still own it :(

Last edited:

technovox

One Too Many
Does the jacket not drape well on me, or do I not drape well in the jacket..........

Hope it works better on you than it did on me.
Yeah, I've been looking at the Gap Suede jackets. I'd be interested to hear more comments from anyone who has owned one. I've been holding back on the Gap suede jackets, solely based on the fact that they're made in China...but maybe they would work...the price is right.

Last edited:

technovox

One Too Many
I keep seeing older Aero Type 3 jackets on Yahoo! Japan auctions, and they are typically under $300, which I can't understand why they don't sell at that price. 42 is a bit uncommon in Japan, most are 36-40, but you will see them from time to time.

Last year when I was on the hunt for a suede trucker, I bought several, looking for just the right one, and I can probably stand to part with 1-2 of them. When I get home I can write up some description notes and send you photos.
Yeah, I keep seeing those older suede Type 3 Aeros on the Japan ebay auctions. A little bit hesitant...that's a long way to ship, and if it doesn't fit, or any issues, then I'm stuck.
But yes, please PM me some photos and descriptions of any Type 3s that you're letting go.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Ye

Yep. Definitely looks too loose on you. A Type 3 should have a snug fit...IMHO. But it's difficult to know until you try it on...
Yeah, I think this is more on par with that 90's look... This one's from feb/2000, by the inner tag. It's a size M and looks like the XL Levi's I sold lol
The measurements are almost the same

technovox

One Too Many
Yeah, I think this is more on par with that 90's look... This one's from feb/2000, by the inner tag. It's a size M and looks like the XL Levi's I sold lol
The measurements are almost the same
I think the problem with most newer versions of the Type 3 is that Gap/BR/Eddie Bauer/etc. inevitably make the body way too long and wide in the waist...maybe in an effort to fit as many customers as possible. The earlier Type 3s were typically shorter and tapered in tighter at the waist- and I think they had a much better look because of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner