Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Vintage floor microphone

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I'm looking for a vintage floor microphone, one that looks like the ones in The King's Speech.
mov_thekingsspeech_100929.grid-6x2.jpg

It doesn't have to rare or special, or even functional, I want to use it as a prop in a photo. I also don't know how heavy these things are to ship, or if they come apart in sections? Let me know if you know where to find one, or if you have one. The less distance it has to ship, the better, for obvious reasons... I don't even know if it's possible to mail one. If anybody knows anything about these things, please PM me.

Thanks,

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
I say to definitely start by checking eBay to get an idea about what the price range is. There is actually a pretty active collector market for vintage audio equipment, especially among retro style musicians. Often the more "strange" looking models command pretty high prices (a friend of mine recently auction a working mic of a desirable make/vintage for 500 bucks).

If you do lots of price research, though, you'll likely be able resell whatever you get when you're done with the project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy