Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Vintage Morning Wear

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I've been investigating into several other avenues for this, but I guess it can't hurt to put up a general ad as well... I'm looking for some components of a vintage morning wear outfit for an upcoming event.

I need a cutaway coat, and the striped trousers. I wear a size 40R in jackets and a 32-34 waist in trousers (ideally with room to let out to a 34 if the waist measurement is the former). I don't have any era in mind in particular, as long as it is vintage. I'd prefer the jacket to be a single button peak lapel. The trousers classic high waisted preferably with suspender buttons.

If you have anything, or know where to look, please let me know. I'm not comfortable enough to try UK ebay, though.

Thank you!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
You need a waistcoat too, don't you? Grey is the colour there, I believe.

If you get a pair of trousers without buttons, you could use the buttons of a condemned shirt instead and just sew them on. Or get clip-on braces.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I already have the waistcoat I want in mind, it's actually a buff colored one which I've heard is also correct. I can sew the buttons on, as well, but trousers with them attached saves me a couple bucks at the tailors. Either way is okay, though.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
If you have anything, or know where to look, please let me know. I'm not comfortable enough to try UK ebay, though.

Thank you!

If you don't wish to try Ebay in the UK, try this website 'Savvy Row': http://www.savvyrow.co.uk/collections/morningwear
They have a splendid selection of vintage and modern morning wear. They are also very approachable and will discuss any items you see and are considering purchasing. They get new stock all the time and so it is worth hecking on a regular basis.

Good Luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy