Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Vintage Straw panama

Thank you very much. That is about as close to a vintage looking one I will find. Ron

No, it isn't. But if you feel its the right one for you, BUY it!

I have to ask, with all the suggestions, have you looked at the Panama Hats Direct site, specifically the "Havana," or "Plantation" model. I own a Havana or two, and can tell you THAT is one that perfectly matches your photo #3. But what do I know?

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
I thought it did but guess I was wrong. I did not look at that site but will try to find it today. Trust me, you know more than I do about the hats and I appreciate the help!
UPDATE: I looked at the site and definitely a better selection. Now I am not sure which to get, the Havana or plantation. What do you think would match the vintage hats of the type I posted? I was leaning towards the Plantation with a 2 1/2 brim. Now I just have to figure what grade.

Ron

Last edited:

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought it did but guess I was wrong. I did not look at that site but will try to find it today. Trust me, you know more than I do about the hats and I appreciate the help!
UPDATE: I looked at the site and definitely a better selection. Now I am not sure which to get, the Havana or plantation. What do you think would match the vintage hats of the type I posted? I was leaning towards the Plantation with a 2 1/2 brim. Now I just have to figure what grade.

Ron
I think Havana with 3” brim.

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
Would someone with a Panama Hats Direct Havana hat with 3inch brim post a pic of it? I see they have some on sale with a 2 3/4 brim in Havana and Plantation style. I seem to like that plantation style with high front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran