Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW II US Navy Flight clothing

tallyho

One of the Regulars
I think this is the best spot for this. Does anyone know of any book that focuses on WW2 Navy and Marine Flight gear and jackets? I have Prodger's book which is excellent for the helmets, but I am looking for more along the lines of all the other stuff, like his Luftwaffe Vs. RAF.

Thanks for any leads!

greyhound68

A-List Customer
tallyho said:
I think this is the best spot for this. Does anyone know of any book that focuses on WW2 Navy and Marine Flight gear and jackets? I have Prodger's book which is excellent for the helmets, but I am looking for more along the lines of all the other stuff, like his Luftwaffe Vs. RAF.

Thanks for any leads!
HI,
I think if you get John Chapman's CD on flight jackets there is a whole section on Navy jackets. He has them on ebay and I think they are BIN under 30 bucks. I have one and it is an invaluable reference and the pictures are fantastic.

bfrench

Familiar Face
John Chapman's CD

tallyho said:
thanks for the tip! is the CD just about jackets or does it show other items such as flight suits, survival gear, parachutes etc?

Hi, Tallyho,

John Chapman's cd is just about jackets - but covers approximately 7200 pics of details you'd never find in a book - it's well worth the price for the research you could do.

Bill French

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats