Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW2 Leather Flight Cap mint condition

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
Hi,
I have a World War 2 Leather Flight cap up for sale/trade.
Sale - make an offer
Trade - US World war 2 items wanted

100_6851.jpg

100_6847.jpg

100_6849.jpg

100_6852.jpg

100_6850.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Beautiful.

When I was a kid there was a surplus store downtown and the guy had a whole carton of ones like this, except they had the Army Air Corps insignia on the side. He sold them for 50 cents each.
I had one for years, never did come up with an appropriate time to wear it out of the house, but they are so cool and such great workmanship!

Sam

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I have one that I got during my kid hat-collecting phase in 1966 - at Marine Specialties in Provincetown, MA... for a dollar. It was in great condition then, when it was twenty-year-old new old-stock, but alas, it's really dried out, flaked, and partly fallen apart in the 35 years since!

Are the black straps on that one replacements? Mine is all brown. The embarrassing photo below is from 1968/1969...

flying_ace.jpg

Last edited:

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
Flight cap

The best thing about this cap, is the leather is still soft and supple as if it were issued yesterday. But, this is not a repro or a fake.
This is 100% original. I love it, and really wanted to keep it, but I have some other things I want to try and get, namely a WW2 Helmet liner, with Sweat band and leather liner chin strap. I figured someone would want to get this for wear or their collection :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats