Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW2 repro khakis/chinos (avaiable in Germany)

JulianPascal

New in Town
I'm searching for WW2 khakis/chinos ,which are like "BILL'S KHAKIS" for example.
I've only found the docker K1 here ,but they seems to be not cutted wide enough and also "to low belted"(?) on the pictueres i saw.
Can you tell me where i can find those ?

Last edited:

Weston

A-List Customer
Ralph Lauren just introduced a "GI Fit" in his khakis - not super authentic, but easily found and affordable. On sale they run $45 or so, full price is around $75.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How are they compared to buzz ricksons US Army Chinos ?

Hi never seen Buzz Rickson's, but I own 1 pair of WPG's, and two pair of At The Front's. PERSONALLY, I'd try a pair of At The Front's, for $50 plus shipping, they're good, and about regular price for Khaki pants. Eddie Bauer has theirs for $39.05 and $49.95 if I remember correctly from their latest catalog. I don't usually buy from Eddie Bauer, Cabelas is usually less expensive and the same quality.

Later

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
If you're happy ordering from the US, have a look into the PIR Clothing Overlord trousers www.pirclothingco.com. For USAAF repros, look into www.sofmilitary.co.uk (in the re-enactor's catalogue). I believe they actually stock the WPG product for much of their line, but it works out cheaper in the long run for me in the UK once you balance out the smaller postage charge and no import taxes. Your post to Germany would be a bit more (likely less than from the US, though), plus being within the EU, no import tax / additional VAT.

JulianPascal

New in Town
If i go for M1937 Field Trousers + US Officers Field Shirt www.sofmilitary.co.uk(inclusive postage) I got nearly the same Price as U.S. Khaki Trousers +US Khaki Officer's Shirt from www.atthefront.com(inclusive postage + customs) ,right?
Well ,I also got a waist size around 37'-38' and the M1937 Field Trousers are only avaiable up to 36' ,so it seems like i have to go for atthefront or P.I.R

Last edited:

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
Hey, I might have an original pair 38 waist I can part with. PM me and I will see if I can dig out a pair.
Thanks

FYI, If anyone else needs any, I have a pair of the Ralph Lauren GI Khakis size 34X34 brand new with the tags on them. They have the button fly. I have original Metal buttons off the old original WW2 Khaki trousers you could replace the plastic buttons with.
Also, to all, I have a couple pairs of original WW2 Khaki Trousers size 31 waist and 33 waist. I will consider selling. I have 2 pairs of PINKS 1 waist size 30, 1 waist size 31, and 1 waist size 36. I have some Khaki shirts 15 X 31, 15.5X33, 14.5X31 and a couple others, Khaki and OD Wool, all WW2.
I am not sure if I am going to sell the size 36 waist pinks yet, but I might if someone offers me enough.
Let me know.
Thanks

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ralph Lauren just introduced a "GI Fit" in his khakis - not super authentic, but easily found and affordable. On sale they run $45 or so, full price is around $75.
Just got a pair from ebay. They are OK for work. The rise is not high enough but the legs are certainly wider than on most modern chinos. So if you can get them for cheap...

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
I'm going to give Eddie Bauers khaki's a try only because they have them in a comfort waist that expands up to 2 inches which is important to me and because the store is only 20 miles away and I can try them on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran