Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Italian M41 trousers.

Doug C

Practically Family
Just wondering if anyone here has any of the Italian military long pants, the M41. Probably a long shot I know. But I think they have a great drape.. nice and baggy. I'm not a reenactor or anything but I'm thinking of picking up a pair or two just to wear around..perhaps with a pair of US russet service shoes (believe it or not) that i just ordered. I notice there's a seller on ebay that carries these in a tropical khaki color made from a linen/cotton material and he also has the Wool (for the cold months) in a grey. I like these better than a British or German WWII military pant because they lack the first-aid pocket on the front of the leg. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about here, not the guy in the middle of the picture but the ones on the left and right : http://www.italianfront.com/reproww2militaria.htm

What do ya'll think of them?

Doug C

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Good luck dealing with him.

Try this guy he has them-

Not allowed to link to an active eBay listing, so:

eBay seller keith7524fnl
Go to his eBay store and look under Uniforms, Italian.

db0f_1.jpg

BIN- $60.

I think IFG only has the grey-green wool ones for around €250? No?

(edit)OK- I just read your post in full...

B
T

Doug C

Practically Family
I notice there's a seller on ebay that carries these

Yep BT, keith is the seller I was talking about..the wool ones are a bit more expensive though. The thing is though, I really don't need yet another pair of tan/khaki colored pants..navy/dark blue would be nice (I'm obviously not looking to be totally authentic, just love the style). I'd dye these if I thought they'd come out wearable. Either way i may pick up a pair when funds allow.

Doug C

Rooster

Practically Family
I like the Brit pants better. I don't think I like the ankle tie arrraingment on the Italian jobs.. Just a personal preference thing is all. I say if you like them go for it!

Doug C

Practically Family
Oh just a question - my perception is that the cuffs aren't really visible when being worn because of the blousing effect of the material above. Does that seem to be right? It's kind of hard to tell by the very few vintage photos that I've seen. Looking at the auction pants, you could imagine them ending somewhere between the knee and ankle area - which wouldn't be long enough IMO to wear regularly "on the streets" lol

Doug c

Rooster

Practically Family
I'm with you, they look a little short to blouse correctly. I'd ask what the inseam was before I plunked down any cash. Could turn out to be high water bloomers.lol

Doug C

Practically Family
Yeah, then I'd have to use them for golf..except I don't play :( . Actually another Italian uniform pant from WWII was call a "Pantaloon" or something like that - which conjurs images of a shorter "bloomer" type pant, in my mind... those I'm not really planning on getting though.

Doug C

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
'Brit pants'...

...nice phrase. IMHO one of the best combinations of shape, availability and price in a genuine military trouser (pants) is the British 1949 pattern Tropical Trousers (successors to the 1944 Pattern that are becoming rare in original form. They are in heavy khaki cotton drill, have no straps at the ankle, easily removeable belt loops and a great high waist band. And usually less than £10.

Alan

Doug C

Practically Family
Alan, do you have a picture so I can see an example of those by any chance? May get some of those too [huh] .

Doug C

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Pictures

Doug

Sorry, I an't do photos as none of my cameras is Internet compatible - the most recent I have is from 1938.

I bet a Google search will get you pictures and they turn up on the UK site of a certain auctioneer. Don't confuse the 1949 pattern tropical trousers with the ordinary 1949 pattern trousers.

Alan

bigbash23

New in Town
Do any of you know the model number or specific name of the italian cargo pant with the oval shaped reinforced knee with 4-5 t.s. running through it? WW2 Era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany