Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII pin

Hondo

One Too Many
Do any one you know of this pin or have one of these? This is a pin that was given out to those in the armed services after WWII, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m not sure of the original name of this pin, campaign pin? Thanks

WWIIpin.jpg

shamus

Suspended
Ruptured duck.

it was a slang term for the Honorable Service Lapel Pin given American military service members who were discharged under honorable conditions during WWII

Stoney

Practically Family
Ruptured Duck is correct

The Ruptured Duck was issued to GIs who were being discharged and sent back to the states during WWII. It also came in a patch as well as a pin. It's main purpose was to indicate that these servicemen were not t be botherd with any work details ect while in their terminal travel status back to the US.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
They were also used back home when the serviceman wore his dress uniform. Servicemen were allowed to wear their uniforms for a short time after discharge until they built up a civilian wordrobe again. At least that's what I've been told. [huh]
Billy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters