Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII USN Willsonite Sunglasses

Robert C

New in Town
I'm looking for a pair of WWII US Navy Willsonite sunglasses. These are the ones that had almost clear color acetate frames. I bought pair on Ebay that were described a mint but it turned out they were far from this condition. Anyone know where I could find a pair of these in very good/fine to mint condition....

Regards,
Rob

Robert C

New in Town
Link to Sunglasses

Here's the sunglasses I'm looking for. They're made by Willsonite (there may have been ofther mfgs that I not aware of) and have clear frames made of acetate.

EYE.jpg

Robert C

New in Town
Here's Some WWII Willsonite Sunglasses Ads

Here's Ebay links for Willsonite ads from WWII. Maybe someone will know what type of sunglasses I'm looking for....

WWII-vintage-WILLSONITE-Sunglasses-Optical-NAVY-army-Ad_W0QQitemZ4416189705QQcategoryZ4086QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1944-WWII-Willsonite-Sunglasses-Soldier-Chinese-Man-Ad_W0QQitemZ7191116348QQcategoryZ3885QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1944-WWII-Willsonite-Sunglasses-Soldier-Chinese-Man-Ad_W0QQitemZ7191116348QQcategoryZ3885QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Robert C

New in Town
Don't Know What Happened

Don't know what happeded with the links I tried to post. If you do a search on Willsonite in Ebay you'll see a number of WWII ads...

Rob

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
These...?

EYE.jpg

I'm afraid my experience is limited to AAF and RAF sunglasses. But we do have some navy/marine guys lurking and maybe one of them knows where to send you besides eBay.

One more thought... If it's just scratches on the lenses, do what I did: Get new lenses (prescription in my case) and have the optometrist save the old lenses for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner