Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Wedding

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a real one of high ranking fighter ace Francis "Gabby" Gabreski and his beloved Kay.:)
kay.jpg

skbellis

One of the Regulars
1940's Wedding

My wife and I are both WW2 Reenactors so our wedding was a 1940's themed one this past March. Practically everyone was dressed appropriately. Many of my friend who are also reenactors that were there said that more people were dressed in 1940's wear than most of the hangar dances they go to. Here is a link to some of the pictures:

http://downloads.geol.niu.edu/melissa/wedding/index.htm

Cheers,

Scott

leaette

A-List Customer
we had a traditional church wedding with a 50's themed reception afterwards, but a few months later, we had a ww2 field wedding at a reenactment we went to. it was a german wedding. the ceremony was in german. didn't understand anything he was saying, but it was really fun anyways. i wore my dirndl.

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
How the heck hadn't I heard about this place before?!! Jeez it's right in my backyard!

Psssst... leaette- sorry I didn't get a chance to gab some more with ya in Conneaut- I found another photog, one who stormed the beach, I got caught up in talking with him.:eusa_doh:

leaette said:
I'm going to a ww2 wedding next saturday in Cleveland, OH. my best friend is getting married. i'm the matron of honor. i'm really excited about it. it's going to be at a ww2 themed restaurant.

http://www.100thbgrestaurant.com/

And Marc- Yer killin' me!

Edward

Bartender
Miss Sis said:
I read an article on this.

The only thing I found a bit weird is she walked into the ceremony to the sounds of an air raid siren..... that's taking it a bit far for my liking.

Yeah, I saw this in the metro the other week - meant to post about it here and forgot. I did find the idea of the air raid siresn et all rather unusual, a bit more "novelty theme event" in a way. Still, as long as the couple involved got what they wanted, I guess that's what matters in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran