Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yet another A-2, slightly different pattern...

fishmeok

Vendor
Finished this the other day, but not after some hassle with a zipper that I managed to break and then had to replace. Same dark goat hide as the last jacket, but with different collar, epaulets, and body pattern. The knits are a darker red as well. Snaps are brass, zip is a Conmar. I'm sure I will sell this one too, but I want to wear it for a little while, if only around the house (-6F outside). At least the wife doesn't ask why I'm wearing a jacket inside anymore.

Cheers
Mark

CompDown787.jpg

CompDown789.jpg

CompDown793.jpg

CompDown797.jpg

CompDown800.jpg

CompDown805.jpg

CompDown810.jpg

CompDown812.jpg

CompDown818.jpg

CompDown819.jpg

fishmeok

Vendor
Thanks guys- it's pretty much a straight 46 (vintage 46 that is) arms about 26", body about 24"in the front. If it was warmer I'd be wearing it around, but it's full on winter here now...
Cheers
Mark

fishmeok

Vendor
loosely based on a Doniger, with Dubow elements and some of my own ideas thrown in...

Still waiting for pics of your jacket- I haven't forgotten...

Cheers
Mark

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
loosely based on a Doniger, with Dubow elements and some of my own ideas thrown in...
A Duboniger! lol Good choices, as they both fit - and flatter - a wide variety of body styles.

If I didn't own so many goat A-2s as it is, I'd be on this like warts on a toad. I especially like the roll of the collar...almost Brooks Brothers, it's so graceful.

fishmeok

Vendor
Fletch said:
A Duboniger! lol Good choices, as they both fit - and flatter - a wide variety of body styles.

HA! lol

I like Duboniger- maybe that's what I should name the style... Although "private purchase A-2" is probably more marketable.

Imho the Dubows had the best collars, but there was so much variation it's kind of a moot point. I think they can really only be classified as "roundish" like an Aero or "more pointed" like a Dubow/Doniger. Someday I'll figure out how to make a collar stand too.

Cheers
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner