Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yet Another Hat Spotting Thread

Pat_H

A-List Customer
I know there are some existing threads on hats spotted be worn by newsworthy (or perhaps People Magazine worthy) folks, but I've been noticing this more recently, and I thought I'd take another stab at it.

Does it seem to anyone that fedoras are creeping back in to general formal wear, on an everyday basis, on the heads of the semi-seriously newsworthy?

By this, I don't mean actors, unless perhaps their in a fairly serious setting. But I've noticed particularly with news men recently. Perhaps it's only on the Today Show, which my wife has on as I leave for work, but it seems that it's getting increasingly common.

Okay, so I've cited Al and Matt, I guess. But has anyone noticed anyone else?

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Last Evening Colin Farrel was sporting a nice fedora on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Similar to one I purchased for $18 at Burlington Coat Factory. I kept thinking why doesn't he take it OFF during the Interview. Heck, being Hollywood, he probably paid something like $180 for his :D

Also a summer fashion article in Saturday morning's Denver Rocky Mountain News featuring Denver pro athletes. Four out of the seven sported straw fedoras.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/feb/23/steamy-style/

Seems to be more fedoras to be seen.

Pat_H

A-List Customer
Around here, I'm one of only two Fedora wearing people I know (and we both work in the same office). Neither of us wear ours everyday.

So, imagine my surprise last week when a senior businessman here, who is always impeccably, and correctly dressed, was seen wearing a black Fedora.

Now, he does wear a hat every cool weather day. Usually one of those generic nondescript men's hats that are proper with formal wear.

If he's gone to one, there must be a trend. Heck, they must have come back.

funneman

Practically Family
Pat_H said:
Around here, I'm one of only two Fedora wearing people I know (and we both work in the same office). Neither of us wear ours everyday.

So, imagine my surprise last week when a senior businessman here, who is always impeccably, and correctly dressed, was seen wearing a black Fedora.

Now, he does wear a hat every cool weather day. Usually one of those generic nondescript men's hats that are proper with formal wear.

If he's gone to one, there must be a trend. Heck, they must have come back.

On the last cool morning I walked into the station to find one of the Board Ops wearing a canvas Porkpie, A News Anchor wearing a wool Indiana Jones fedora and a Sales Guy wearing a cotton fedora.

I think I'm having an effect on the co-workers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy