Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yet another new bloke

scalawag

New in Town
Hi,
I know there seem to have been a number of posts from new guys lately. I have been looking at the forum for a while and have just become a member so now I can post.
Well I guess all you need to know is I really enjoy hats, wearing em, tinkering with the bash or shape, picking up the odd bargain from e-bay, making the odd investment in a nice hat.
I used to do American Civil War living history (a bit strange for someone from the UK maybe), and used to work on period style hats for people in that. Some wild hats from that period of history!

looking forward to contributing to the forum now as well as learning loads from it.:)

scalawag

New in Town
thanks for the hearty welcome fellas. begining to feel at home already.

deanglen. have looked at it a little a while ago, at the time I was too into ACW stuff. Have not re-enacted for a while now, circumstances have changed for me and would not have the time to put into it that I would like. Been looking at the Marine cover threads here though and thinking emmm.

Your avitar is great by the way. must find meslef one!

Sunny

One Too Many
scalawag said:
I used to do American Civil War living history (a bit strange for someone from the UK maybe), and used to work on period style hats for people in that. Some wild hats from that period of history!

That's immediately what I thought of from your username! Although coupled with bloke, it did make me wonder. :D I do ACW as well, and in March we had an event in Louisiana which a dozen fellows from your side joined. They call themselves the Lazy Jacks, and it was a real pleasure to meet them. Very fine work you fellows do!

scalawag

New in Town
Hi Sunny,

Yep I know those fellas, used to work with them here in the UK. I was in a group called the Scalawag Mess. I kind of came up with the name for our mess, so have kept the user name scalawag for myself ever since.

fatwoul

Practically Family
scalawag said:
...I used to do American Civil War living history (a bit strange for someone from the UK maybe), and used to work on period style hats for people in that. Some wild hats from that period of history!...

Hello. I'm a UK newb too. Devon.

And now, with no bearing to you, scalawag, I'm going to use this smiley now because I've never seen one so daft:

:deadhorse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy