Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yippie

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Another new hat, this time its a Disney. anyone have background info on the company? Hoping in person it looks like Matt Deckards hat with the orangish band.
5c_1_b.JPG

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Mr. Disney's Hats...

I can tell you a little. It was a New York hatmaking company that was around for a lot of years. I've got a blonde Disney "Robin Hood" Twenty that's one of my favorite hats (that's it in the avatar). And here's the ad Disney ran in the Aug. 1943 issue of Hat Life.
detail

A closeup of the text:
detail

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Thanks Snrbfshn that actually gives me more info, according to the listers description heres what it says inside-- Inside reads " Disney~ registered~ New York~founded 1885........and inside ;S.....Fifteenth Ahwahnee....Treated with "DuPont Aridex" water repellent.

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
Nice lids, Nick and Snrbfshn!

I have seen some boxes that were labeled "Mr. Disney" - can I correctly I assume it's the same company???

I have heard that it was a high-quality lid, but it seems that there were a LOT of good ones back in the day...

riccardo

Practically Family
Snrbfshn said:
I can tell you a little. It was a New York hatmaking company that was around for a lot of years. I've got a blonde Disney "Robin Hood" Twenty that's one of my favorite hats (that's it in the avatar). And here's the ad Disney ran in the Aug. 1943 issue of Hat Life.
detail

A closeup of the text:
detail

I would like to give my thanks to Snrbfshn for posting your Hat Life pics here.
They are,for me,very interesting.
Many thanks.
Riccardo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24