Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You Big Softy! - Your Favourite Soft Drinks

Lancealot

Practically Family
guellimus said:
Cheerwine is my personal favorite. Neither the original recipe (which is made with pure cane sugar) nor the design of the bottle have changed in well over 50 years. Unfortunately, you can only get it in the Carolinas or Northern Georgia. Thank goodness I decided to go to school in the Upstate!

:eek:fftopic: guellimus, if I might ask. Where are you going to school?

Lancealot

Practically Family
Delthayre said:
Has anyone ever drunk Blenheim Ginger Beer? I have read enough about it to be intrigued, but it isn't sold anywhere nearby and at present it isn't sensible for me to order it.

I haven't been able to find their Ginger Beer but I often partake of their Ginger Ale in both regular and hot. There is nothing like it I have found it's a very unique flavor.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
guellimus said:
Cheerwine is my personal favorite. Neither the original recipe (which is made with pure cane sugar) nor the design of the bottle have changed in well over 50 years. Unfortunately, you can only get it in the Carolinas or Northern Georgia. Thank goodness I decided to go to school in the Upstate!

Not completely unavailable elsewhere....I have had Cheerwine out here in California...bought from Galco's Soda Stop in Los Angeles. http://www.sodapopstop.com/

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Ethan Bentley said:
Mister Cairo, both Iron Bru and Dandelion and Burdock are widely available in the UK, of course this due to the proximity to the factor. I didn't know that they were so widely available apart from niche stores, but I am very glad they are and that you enjoy them.

You may be interested in this Iron Bru related news article.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8066968.stm

We also have an Iron Bru "chew bar" (piece of confectionary) and a drink called Tizer which is similar.

We get Tizer too, I like it, but it resembles to my taste a kind of sweet ginger ale, so I usually go for the Irn Bru or D&B.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
MisterCairo said:
We get Tizer too, I like it, but it resembles to my taste a kind of sweet ginger ale, so I usually go for the Irn Bru or D&B.

Yes I think Irn Bru is a more consistent drink, Tizer has tried a number of, now discontinued, variants.

I'm a fan of Dandelion & Burdock too, at the moment I quite like the Fentiman's variety.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
My absolute faves:

Goya Ginger Beer.
With capsicum, this stuff is like a mule kick, and not over sweetened like most of the ginger ales out there. Cheap and unpretentious, yet all natural. Would buy it by the case every couple of weeks when I was on the east coast.
102_1.jpg

Mexican Coke
Made with real cane sugar, like the old recipe, and comes in a real glass bottle, without any promotions to clutter its simple beauty. You can get in most bodegas and even costco, out here in cali. I take mine with a half packet of salted peanuts poured into the full bottle, something I picked up from a random southerner.
2004-11-09coke.jpg

Moxie - the one and only.
Hard to get outside of new england. Bitter and sweet, really refreshing.
d60ted-williams-moxie-posters.jpg

Extra points for respecting their graphical tradition and not trying to update the brand:
moxie.jpg

Moxie.jpg

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Bustercat said:
My absolute faves:

Goya Ginger Beer.
With capsicum, this stuff is like a mule kick, and not over sweetened like most of the ginger ales out there. Cheap and unpretentious, yet all natural. Would buy it by the case every couple of weeks when I was on the east coast.

Mexican Coke
Made with real cane sugar, like the old recipe, and comes in a real glass bottle, without any promotions to clutter its simple beauty. You can get in most bodegas and even costco, out here in cali. I take mine with a half packet of salted peanuts poured into the full bottle, something I picked up from a random southerner.

Thanks for the serving suggestion. :)
I had some Coke in Florida made with real cane syrup, maybe a brand called Jones?

The Ginger Beer sounds pretty good, I'm still waiting for Fentiman's Rose Lemonade.

clubwitsend

Practically Family
2317806002_490f4c6a0a.jpg

Stewart's Key Lime Soda is one of my very favorites!!

I've been avoiding regular sodas lately...and normally I don't drink diet sodas much at all...BUT...I've found that Diet Sunkist is GREAT!

Doctor Mabuse

New in Town
Bustercat said:
Moxie - the one and only.
Extra points for respecting their graphical tradition and not trying to update the brand

Unfortunately, Moxie got rid of the "Moxie Man" logo and have switched to a more "modern" choice. It's still tops, though!

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
Dr. Nut.

I've always wanted to try Dr. Nut after reading A Confederacy of Dunces, but never could find it. It is no longer made unfortunately. Has anyone had it?

Anyway, I ordered two SodaStream/SodaClub carbonators (one for me and another as a gift.) They'll be here on Friday. Maybe I'll make some Dr. Nut. :D

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Any good ginger beer, Lemon & Paeroa from NZ, Solo and Eventyrbrus from Norway, and Schweppes classic dry lemonade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy