Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You can have ANY Fedora you want, as long as it's Black !!....

Bebop

Practically Family
My Jewish neighbor loves hats. He borrowed my brown Akubra Squatter a couple of times for his Sat. walk to synagogue and then decided he wanted his own (I'm glad because I feel creepy letting someone else wear my hats but creepier saying no to such a nice guy). Although not Hasidic, he now wears his grey Squatter every Sat. and for formal occasions. The Squatter can look like the hats in the original post photos.

Thanks for that great link, Flat-Top. Very informative.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's funny, Bebop. The first thought that crossed my mind when I saw these pics was "those look like black Akubra Squatters!" I thought maybe DavidMorgan had suddenly got a HUGE bump in business lol.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I think an awfull lot of them are Borsolino or Hueckel as I remember seeing those brands spelled out in ads in the papers up in NYC. In fact on the Hats by Haber site they are having a sale of a Black Borsolino w/3" brim and several others w/3" brim similar to those seen in the pics of Crown Hghts.

carldelo

One Too Many
As I recall, Bencraft is the largest vendor of Borsalino in the US, fueled largely by their religious garb business. The religious lids are generally pretty distinctive - tall crowns, often worn high on the head, extra wide brims, like these:
http://www.bencrafthats.com/product.php?pid=172&subcname=Borsalino
http://www.bencrafthats.com/product.php?pid=29&subcname=Borsalino
http://www.bencrafthats.com/product.php?pid=171&subcname=Borsalino

"Part of our extensive Religious collection of Borsalino hats". Sometimes you see more classic looking fedora, but generally on younger people.

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
This definitely makes sense, as Barbisio seems to be produced by the same "Cappellifficio Cervo" that has a line targeted to jewish market.
So, it's Barbisio, Borsalino (Italy), and Hueckel (Austria?) and Tonak from Czech Republic.

One Too Many
2766193810106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

One mexican black hat, I like it and am so glad when use ¡¡¡¡

DRB

One Too Many
2766193810106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

One mexican black hat, I like it and am so glad when use ¡¡¡¡
I like the dimensions of that black hat. I don't think we see enough black hats here. They are very nice. That brim appears to be about 2 1/8 inches, am I correct?

One Too Many
2 3/8

I like the dimensions of that black hat. I don't think we see enough black hats here. They are very nice. That brim appears to be about 2 1/8 inches, am I correct?
Thanks Sir, It is a English style, the brim size is 2 3/8, I think is a nice hat, the color is deep, in spanish we say: negro azabache (like horses)
Cheers ¡¡¡¡¡

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy