Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"You Go to My Head" comic bit

Espee

Practically Family
I've heard the same guy do this bit on an October '39 Fibber McGee show, where Fibber had the opportunity to act as agent for him (he was called "Freddy" I think) and on a February '40 Al Pearce show, where he was a studio usher spotted by bandleader Karl Hoff, who was trying to find talent for a show of his own.
The fellow strums a guitar and wanders all over the map-- as far as forgetting the lyrics, and making up ridiculous replacement lyrics.
Ah yes-- I had intended to Google the title along with "Doodles Weaver" because it reminds me of him. But as long as I've typed this far already...
Also, the name "Felix" kept coming to mind, after I heard the McGee "Freddy" version. But when I again came across the Pearce show (which I had heard first) I found no name given for the usher. Maybe he also did it somewhere as Felix... or else my brain is scrambled (or both.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR