Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You think I should sell a few?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
New Rule: Johnnyphi Re-Sellers Can't Bid on Future Auctions

I know Mingo (or the Mrs.) would never consider it, but I'll say it for the record.

Any Lounger who chooses to re-sell one of my hats on eBay will be banned from bidding on future auctions of Johnnyphi hats, and I'm sure the Bartenders will back me up.

Of course, if you don't plan on bidding on future Johnnyphi hats, then there is no need to worry.

mingoslim said:
You caught me . . .
This is only about 1/4 of my total collection . . .
Some of my favorites, but far from all :)

None of my new JohnnyPhi's are in this lot . . . I have only won three so far, but I absolutely can't let some of those go by without a bid, can I . . .

And actually, Mrs. Slim regularly makes me go through and thin the herd, and then posts on eBay . . . The problem is, I keep finding more to buy than she can sell!

But she is right you know . . . I am sitting here looking at 22 hat boxes in the corner . . . and you can only wear one at a time :)

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
New Term: "Hat-librium"

Hat-librium = Lounge auction price lower than average eBay price, yet high enough to discourage immediate re-sale.

Garrett said:
With prices that high, one couldn't turn a profit on the bay anyway.

mingoslim

Practically Family
I love the idea of Hat-Librium . . .

johnnyphi said:
Hat-librium = Lounge auction price lower than average eBay price, yet high enough to discourage immediate re-sale.

Actually, the reason I might be tempted to sell a few of my favorites off is to buy MORE JohnnyPhi hats . . . (that and to keep Mrs. Slim happy!)

JohnnyPhi hats are, without a doubt, wonderful . . . :eusa_clap

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I think you need to have a little conference with the Mrs.
It seems completely rational and logical to have 31 hats so that you can rotate and not allow any one hat to get too much wear. One hat per day.
But then you made new a few spares as it might rain and the hat that gets wet gets removed from the rotation and so as to not upset the schedule you will need spares. Maybe 3 spares, that brings it up to 34.
But then we need to consider that on the rain/snow days that cause upset in schedule you may have a hat of a particular color that complements your suit for that day. The range of colors of your hats will have to se taken into consideration so maybe you actually need 8 spares, 31+8spares= 39.
You see, a multiple of hats is needed. IF she scoffs at the idea then you need to pull the "how many pairs of shoes do you have" card out of your pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner