Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You were all right; after time, I'm far more selective about my purchases now.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome Neighbor.....

fedoracpa said:
Thank you for the welcome and advise, Undertow.

Unfortunately, since I live in Pennsylvania, I cannot personally visit the Stetson outlet. However, I did call today and the process in now in the works. I spoke to a very nice gentleman, he did have a strong accent (perhaps middle-eastern?), but he could understand me better than most people I talk to on the phone. I am not sure of the brand or particular styles of the hats, but I believe they are sending me 3 hats for the 3 for $10 deal. I think they are black, gray, and brown, all fedoras and I made sure they had the thick ribbon around them, at this point I am not real crazy about the thin ribbon kind.

I will be away next week on vacation, so when I get back I will have these new hats to look forward to when I arrive home.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with what you get from them, after all you're only spending $10 for 3 Lids & it's a great start for you.

Feraud

Bartender
Wow! What a spread. This is my favorite of the group.
Undertow said:
BlackStetson2.jpg

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Greetings, all!

I may have missed this, and if so... forgive me... but is this deal strictly only for the 7 5/8 size?

I've yet to purchase a hat, as I'm trying to learn as much as possible beforehand...

I appreciate your time!

Undertow

Gaige said:
Greetings, all!

I may have missed this, and if so... forgive me... but is this deal strictly only for the 7 5/8 size?

I've yet to purchase a hat, as I'm trying to learn as much as possible beforehand...

I appreciate your time!

Nope, the sizes included in the sale range from 7 5/8 to 7 7/8. Keep in mind, all hats have some sort of minor defect (hence the outlet sale) so some hats may fit smaller or larger than their labeled size. If you have a chance to actually inspect the hats, you will notice for the most part the hats are all in reasonable, if not excellent condition with defects such as warped sweatbands, miniscule miscolorations, wrinkled ribbon, lining unattached in certain spots, etc. All hats are certainly wearable and well worth the price (hey, $0.00 is a price!).

I recommend going if you live within a few hours of the store. You can try various hats on there to determine your preferred size and then move into the $10 sales rack to see if you can find any you like.

If you wear smaller than a 7 1/4, you probably won't find anything due to the fact that you would not only have to pay to shrink the hat, but you would have to purchase some adhesive stripping to fill in space. Although these hats are nice, they're not worth the hassle of purchasing 4-5 size too big.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Author of the feast

I dont know if I would recommend ordering via telephone. I have the luxury of going there and actually seeing and trying on the hats. If your willing to take a CHANCE, and they tell you its your size, and your not PARTICULAR, you may be OK. It has been a hang-out for me for almost 15-20 years. I have some great hats, but I have the luxury of trying each on and seeing it in person.

bolthead

Prairie Shade said:
I dont know if I would recommend ordering via telephone. I have the luxury of going there and actually seeing and trying on the hats. If your willing to take a CHANCE, and they tell you its your size, and your not PARTICULAR, you may be OK. It has been a hang-out for me for almost 15-20 years. I have some great hats, but I have the luxury of trying each on and seeing it in person.
Nice Luxury. :fedora:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner