Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Drinking Partner From The Golden Age?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I had thought about Thelma Todd, since she was quite a partier.
I mean, who wouldn't want to drink with a girl with the nickname "Hot Toddy?" ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
the original Rat Pack.
Kinda boring group if you ask me. Give me Dino, Frank, Sammy, Joey, etc......in 50/60s Vegas......:p

And Shirley (if ditzy) was fun where Bacall was surly for being left at home all too often to tend after her kiddies while the pack roamed. BTW, Shirley was a dancer....and you know what they say about dancers......:eek:

Justin B

One Too Many
BTW, Shirley was a dancer....and you know what they say about dancers......:eek:

That they dance?

I'd rather drink with the original Rat Pack. Much as I love to hear Sinatra sing, and think Dino would be a laugh riot. I think Bogey and Co would suit my personality better.

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
I think Jackie Gleason and Errol Flynn would make interesting companions for evening of rounds. George C. Scott would be reserved for another night. I think it would be best to keep him on his own. I wouldn't mind hoisting a few with Sir Winston Churchill as well. I think he would have the best stories to share.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Prince Felix Yusupov. What could be better than drinks with the man who murdered Rasputin?

An interesting choice! Prince Yusopov! :) I'd also like to share conversation and some vodka with him! :)

(it doesn't hurt either the fact that he was rather easy on the eye, the Prince!)

1110039_0001.jpg

was he? i didn't know that, I only knew he was handsome and that he participated in the murder of Grigori... [huh]

It was said that Prince Yusopov and his fellow conspirators listened to a recording of Yankee Doodle on a gramophone while awaiting the arrival of their "guest of honor." I wonder which recording it was?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21