Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite toys as a kid?

BigFitz

Practically Family
gasstation.jpg

I remember playing with one of these for hours (at least it seemed like hours) when I was about three or four.

Lincoln Logs were great. I had them over at my grandmothers. Actually I live in the house now (bought it when they passed on), but I guess my grandmother gave the logs away. I don't remember it but I can't find them either. Very odd..,

Don't know if I've mentioned it but strangely enough estate sales at retirement communities were often a very good source for finding vintage toys, frequently in almost mint condition. That's because those toys were usually kept for the grandchildren to play with when visiting and as a result were not played with as much.

Magister

Familiar Face
gasstation.jpg

I remember playing with one of these for hours (at least it seemed like hours) when I was about three or four.

Holy smokes! There is a snapshot of me somewhere, age three or four, playing with that very toy under the Christmas tree.

When I was a bit older, my favorite toys were Star Wars figures, plastic army men, and toy guns.

Cicero

A-List Customer
I played mostly with action man dolls and little plastic army soldiers.

Also lego, playmobil etc.

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Matchbox sized cars were amnongst my favorite toys. There was little money for fancy accessories such as that service station. My brother and I used a set of wooden blocks to make buildings and barriers for my cars and the cities they roamed in.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Matchbox cars.
I had one of those carriers for taking them to a friends house.
A friend of mine had a carrier that looked like a medium sized suitcase, dern thing must have held 100 cars or so! LOL
I tried model cars, but with hyperactivity, who can do that? :)

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I had about seven Sindy dolls, all different, and they were my absolute favourite toys. I would play with them all day long. I was not allowed Barbie, my Mum said she was 'unrealistic - women do not look like that'. I actually liked Sindy better, as they came with blonde, brunette and red hair. Plus my English friend up the road had Sindys too, so we used to play together with them.

Sindy

A20676.jpg

I preferred her to the pneumatic Barbie!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen