Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your fedora vs you're wearing a fedora + there, they're & their....

W4ASZ

Practically Family
"Spel gud or dye !"
QUOTE: W4ASZ.

So is that it for all of your spiel?
(LOL)

Kind regards,
-30-

Of course. I stand in substantial agreement with you and Mr. Dean. :eusa_clap

The poet once said, "I can has cheezburger..."

But he might have said, "I can has fedora's..." as well.

English is a great language.

-30-

A-List Customer
During my formal schooling years, I was taught in the ways of English, Pig Latin, and Profanity.

English was a "Must".

Pig Latin, a minor, a very minor.

Profanity, the "Forbidden Fruit".

So what we now have here is:

Nor Hell hath a fury like a pig scorned.

Regards,
-30-

Last edited:
During my formal schooling years, I was taught in the ways of English, Pig Latin, and Profanity.

English was a "Must".

Pig Latin, a minor, very minor.

Profanity, the "Forbidden Fruit".

So what we now have here is:

Nor Hell hath a fury like a pig scorned.

Regards,
-30-

WOW-- Well Spoken. LOL

Best regards
CCJ

Hi 30

We are reported to get heavy winds and maybe 10-12 inches of snow during the weekend and my fireplace/chimney is not up to par.
So I am breaking out the shovels and the electric blankets.
Best regards and Happy and Healthy New Year.
CCJ

-30-

A-List Customer
Our "first 'fall" was just a day ago - there is now a foot of it on my roof.
(Yes, a Foot. I'm an Inches/Foot/Yard type of guy; no "canadian metric" for me.)

Much luck to you & yours all the way around.

Warm regards,
-30-

circumference, or perimeter?

Okay, here is another ponderable, for no real advantage or benefit to our hatted lives...

The inside measure of our lids is often referred to as the "circumference." I was previously under the impression that a circumference is the perimeter specific to a circle, not an oval, or ellipse, as we all know hat shapes to usually be. The more accurate definitive term for that oval dimension is perimeter, right? Definitions do evolve, but did anyone else have this old school impression?

I need to haul out the ol' Funk & Wagnall.:eusa_doh:

Lt.Tom

Familiar Face
hatsRme I think maybe technically you're correct. While we're pondering technicalities, is it improper then, to call it a fedora's liner, or a fedora's brim? I'm asking without a trace of sarcasm, as grammer was not really my best subject.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ghoch = Fish.

Think about it...

also= ghoti... :) (Oops-- I just saw tonyb already posted that one!)

Welcome to the spelling and grammar lounge! Actually, these things are often pet peeves of mine as well, but I must admit as I get familiar with this new "kindle fire" (from which I am NOT typing this reply) I have encountered numerous instances already where the kindle thinks it's smarter than me, and changes a word point blank without any notice, just as soon as I hit the virtual space bar. Oh, well...

Last edited:

-30-

A-List Customer
"numerous instances already where the kindle thinks it's smarter than me, and changes . . ."
QUOTE: bowlerman.

What is wrong with the above sentence & why?
Try this:
"numerous instances already where the Kindle thinks it's smarter than I (AM), and changes . . ."

See? It's more better already!
(LOL)

Kind regards,
-30-

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Obviously not. And isn't much more entertaining to make fun of someone, rather than dignify their question with an answer?
I was not making fun of anyone. Such is the nature of lightweight banter. I thought my use of the words "orthography" and "surmise" were giveaways, but senses of humor aren't always perceived clearly. So let me flog a lifeless horse: no offense intended.

I was not making fun of anyone. Such is the nature of lightweight banter. I thought my use of the words "orthography" and "surmise" were giveaways, but senses of humor aren't always perceived clearly. So let me flog a lifeless horse: no offense intended.

We gotcha, Randall! All of us who have been paying attention to your 4000-plus posts know. Maybe if we rename this thread to "Useless and fun banter," or "Tongue in cheek chic," or "We're really a gentile bunch," or something along those lines the underlying spirit would be a little more clear.

The bottom line is that good-natured banter is alive and well on the Lounge, and you do it well! ;)

HAPPY New Year to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn