Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Personal Timemachine

[voice=Christopher Lloyd]Dan, you also forgot that for some obscure reason, only stainless steel has the required properties for dispersal of temporal flux to open up the space-time continuum for temporal displacement.[/voice] Do I sound like Doc Brown yet? lol

So, you would've probably seen the later Shore lounge and Creek observation. Better interiors, but not quite as nice of a paint scheme as the '38. (which was quickly simplified by replacing the blue with silver and narrowing the two stripes in the middle if the window-band)

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
I wouldn't mind having a vintage Autogiro.

ag-g13-3.jpg

ag-g13-2.jpg

plain old dave

A-List Customer
On the land: 1961 Chrysler 300G with the 405hp 413

In the air: Lockheed Super Constellation

Being a Navy vet, sea travel just isn't appealing anymore. Sorry.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I got to ride one of my time machines - 40 hours each way Winnipeg-Vancouver-Winnipeg. It's called The Canadian and it consists of 1950s sleepers, Pullmans, diners, skyviews the works - refurbed in modern VIA Rail style but inevitably evocative of the era. All my trip lacked was Eva Marie Saint and two East Germans trying to kill me. :D

canadian2.jpg

Somewhere in Alberta

Flivver

Practically Family
Driving or riding in a vintage car is the ultimate time machine for me.

But watching old movies and reading vintage magazines would come in a close second and third.

Now if only I had a *real* time machine! My first stop would be early January 1925 so I could attend the 25th annual New York Auto Show.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:
This is probably the most beautiful car I've ever seen. It failed to meet reserve on eBay last week.
1941 Cadillac coupe.

2048012_3.jpg

Yeah I was watching that!

That one has those weird plastic seat covers which I think they refered to as original. Nice photo.

I'm very partial to '41 Buicks and Cadillacs myself.

Here's me in Glenn Miller's '41:
NorthCarolina101.jpg

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
If I could take a time machine, then I could go into the future and get a space ship, travel to distance stars and planets, have everything I need on the ship, including trees, green things, gardens, animals -- and robots to take care of everything and feed me while I charted planets and stars and galaxies and reported it all back to earth. Take a few friend with me for company.

Oh, yes, and I would do it forever as I would be immortal.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael