Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10 Most Stylish Men In America

Sorry I should have stated Most stylish Men In America, Today. Sorry.

I am a bit busy, so I have not read the entire article. However, I thought I would pass it along.

Disclaimer:
This article "angers up the blood" but it is a good comparison to where style WAS and where it IS

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/...owgq.aspx?cp-documentid=18251577&imageindex=1

The Article says America but some of these guys aren't from the USA. strange.

anglophile

One of the Regulars
They are confusing style with fashion.

Just think, all the past had as sartorial inspiration was the DoW,Cary Grant,Gary Cooper, Fred Astaire etc...

mrbork

New in Town
It's not what you've got...

but how you use it! I take little stock in someone who puts such an emphasis on possessions, particularly when they don't bother to properly dress or groom for an interview.:eek:

Queue

Familiar Face
Wow... just wow...

383AD0D3E1D7F6C6A7317942284C7.jpg

I think he missed with his cap.

Also, I think I could repopulate this list with people from these forums and do substantially better...

Lou

One of the Regulars
With the exception of the windblown silliness, André Balazs looks okay. The others are, as anglophile says, about fashion but certainly not style.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I have, on occasion, seen Glenn O’Brien rather well turned out..............

........and then at other times, not so good.

MB5

One of the Regulars
It is great that almost none of these stylish men are wearing anything that belongs to them.

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Timberlake, CAN dress with style. "I seen it"

But the all the pics on this list? Trashy. Everyone is "suits" have high water hems on their trousers! Maybe I'm goofed up, but in the Marines, your trousers in back are supposed to come to "the welt of the sole with a 1/4" variance high or low"

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
GQ said:
No royals, no socialites, no pretty-boy actors
...just men with money or status or both. Because money and status define "style" just as they do "man."

Aargh. I wouldn't even care if they all looked smashing (which they don't). Just aargh.

It was nice seeing Ed Ruscha though. I always dug his work.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would like to direct your attention to the interview posted in another thread for reference and to explain thoughts on "fashion" as a costume rather than habit.

HERE --> Bruce Almighty

I'll never understand fashion; or maybe I will.:rolleyes:

David V

A-List Customer
Lou said:
With the exception of the windblown silliness, André Balazs looks okay. The others are, as anglophile says, about fashion but certainly not style.

And it is something when OK is the best we can see.

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
Lou said:
I think Balazs is nicely turned out, but to me his outfit in the pic just looks like the same trim suit, narrow tie, and trim burberry trench shown by GQ (and Esquire) in nearly all of their autumn issues over the past couple years.

00004f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo