Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100% Wool Shawl Lapel Tailcoat & Pique Vest-- Price Drop

MisterGrey

Practically Family
This is a shawl lapel, 100% wool former rental. The size is listed as 39R, though my weight has fluctuated between a 40R and a 38R during the time I've worn it and I've found it comfortable at either end of that spectrum. I can give exact measurements if so desired to ensure a proper fit. When I purchased it, it was advertised as "tropical" wool. I can attest that it does seem somewhat lighter than other wool jackets I own, though I've only worn it in colder weather myself. I initially got this jacket several years ago for costume purposes, but liked it enough that I decided to wear it for my wedding; then my wedding got switched to a more informal garden event (long story).

Also included is my white pique vest, which I only wore once. It was purchased brand-new.

The jacket is in excellent condition, although there are a few items about it I feel I should disclose:

1) As a former rental, there are some tags and markings on the inside. No tears or damage, just a UPC label and some writing. This not visible when the jacket is worn, as can be seen in the picture.

2) On the right lapel there is a small run in the satin. It's thinner than your average needle, but is visible to the wearer looking down on it.

3) On the backs of the actual tails there are some small white "knots" of fabric. It appears someone once sewed something here-- either a tag, or perhaps the tails were even sewn together at some point. They should be able to be removed but they're sewn so tightly into the fabric that I'd not venture to do it myself.

Make me an offer. I just want to clear out the space this is taking up. FWIW, lounger Charlie Huang was kind enough to appraise the overall worth at ~$50.

DSC04772.jpg

TCMfan25

Practically Family
imgres

Horace Hardwick's? :p I would certainly be interested if there were trousers, due to the temting fact of it being my size. Good luck! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot