Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

18 PAIRS OF CLASSIC TROUSERS! British Army Trews, Bill's Khakis, Berle, NOS worsted, UNWORN 501, ++

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I have a slew of wonderful, classic trousers to pass on today, including RLPL, a pair of unworn British Army tartan trews from a defunct regiment, embroidered critter cords with Cardinals, NOS worsted wool trousers, Berle cords, and more!

As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost!

Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers![/CENTER]

1) THE BEST KHAKIS YOU WILL EVER OWN! Pennsylvania Khakis (est. 1948) used to make pre-takeover Bill's Khakis, and after Bill's moved away from them they continued to make their own khakis--which, it seems, are actually better than even the old-school Bills! Made in Berks Co. PA, these are beautiful--thick, sturdy cotton designed to last a lifetime. These are flat-front and uncuffed. They have a tartan waiststrip in the interior, and are in absolutely excellent condition, with the exception of small mark by the cuff, as shown--they have also been let down. But unless you have VERY small friends no-one will ever notice these details. Tagged 36, these measure Waist: 18, Inseam 32 5/8 (+1 1/2). Asking just $29, or offer.

2) NOS "Botany" worsted wool blend trousers. What are these blended with? I have no idea, as they feel to be all lightweight worsted wool--perfect for overheated modern offices. Except that these were made FAR before modern offices were overheated, being New Old Stock--with all of their original tags attached! Absolutely excellent condition. Flat front, cuffed. Waist: 18 1/2; Inseam: 28 (+1) with 1 1/2" cuff. Asking just $22.

3) Ralph Lauren Purple Label Cords. Made in Italy. Flat front and luxurious, these are lovely chocolate brown cords! They have two minor blemishes--a small rub on the front, and a small mark on the back which might come out with cleaning. Very Good condition, and so just $24. Tagged 38. Waist: 18 1/2; Inseam: 28 1/4 (+0).

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
4) Levis 501. Unworn. Excellent condition. Tagged 36/32. Waist: 17 1/2; Inseam: 29.

5) WONDERFUL! Cord trousers embroidered with cardinals, both male and female! Made in the USA. Very Good/Excellent condition. Flat front, uncuffed. Tagged 38; Waist: 19 3/4; inseam: 28 3/4 (+0). Just $29.

6) DAKS of London Tartan trousers. No belt loops, but DAKS patent side-adjusters work just as well, with a sleeker silhouette! Likely Made in England; also likely all wool. These have a laundry mark in the lining, otherwise they're excellent. Waist: 17; Inseam: 30 1/2 (+3). Asking just $26.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
7) Berle chocolate brown wide-wale cords. Founded in 1946 in Charleston, Berle is one of the great American trouser makers, still owned by the original family. These are lovely cords; pleated front, hemmed, in Very Good/Excellent condition. (There is a small stain on the lining of one pocket) Made in the USA. Waist: 17 1/4; Inseam: 31 1/2 (+1) with 1" cuff. Asking just $22.

8) Perry Ellis wide-wale cords. Flat front. Decent, knockaround trousers! Very Good/Excellent condition. Tagged Size 34/34, but are smaller. Waist: 16, inseam 30 1/2. Just $15.

9) Bills khakis. Black mid-wale cords. These are PRE-TAKEOVER Bills! They do have a line across the leg from hanging, but this will be removed with the first dry-cleaning. M2 style. Tagged size 33. Very Good/Excellent condition. Waist: 17; inseam: 33 7/8 (+2 1/2). Asking just $22.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
10) UNION MADE in the USA tartan wool trousers by Tommy Hilfiger--who sometimes gets things right! :) These are lovely, classic tartan trousers, Union Made in the USA, flat-front, with an on-seam ticket pocket. They're in excellent condition except for a small hole by the back pocket and a similar small hole on the front, as shown. As such, these are very well priced at just $18, or offer. Tagged 34; Waist: 16 1/2; Inseam 34 (+2).

11) Orvis--thick, heavy khakis, perfect for winter! These feature leather trim and a keyfob on the front. Very Good condition. Flat front. Size 40/30; Waist: 20 1/4, inseam 29. Just $17.

12) Orvis. Heavy khakis. Excellent condition! Size 42. Waist: 20 1/2, inseam 30 1/4. Asking just $17.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
13) GENUINE BRITISH ARMY TREWS! Trews are a traditional form of Highland dress, the term originated as an Anglicization of the Scots truis, from the Scots Gaelic triubhas. They're a form fitting trouser, traditionally higher-waisted than regular trousers so that they are appropriate to wear with an Argyle jacket as well as more usual Saxon jacket (i.e., the standard sports coat). Until the formation of the Royal Regiment of Scotland in 2006 trews were part of mess and full dress uniform for lowland regiments, and also (after 1994) for the composite regiment known as The Highlanders, which had been formed from the Seaforth, Gordon, and Cameron Highland regiments.

These trews were produced to be mess dress for The Highlanders regiment, specifically for members of the former Seaforth Regiment, in Mackenzie tartan, likely just prior to 2006. They are traditionally high waisted, and features both extra-wide belt loops to accommodate traditional Scottish kilt belts and suspender buttons internally. They can be tightened or loosened by the side adjusters. Cut from heavy wool, these would make ideal festive trousers for civilians, being completely appropriate for black tie wear with a tuxedo. Flat front.

These are in excellent condition, and, although this is not noted, were Made in the UK. Waist: 17; Inseam: 33 1/2 (+1). Asking just $45, or offer.

14) Four Panel Cord Trousers. Invented by Chipp, the four panel trouser has become a mainstay of GTH Ivy Style. These cords are a lovely example, being a combination of kelly green and navy blue. No maker listed, but likely Made in the USA, these are flat front and in excellent condition. Waist: 16 3/4; Inseam: 29 1/2 (+2 1/2). Asking just $25.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
15) Orvis heavy khakis. Size 42. Leather trimmed pockets. Very Good condition. Waist: 20 1/2; inseam: 28 1/2. Asking just $17.

16) VINTAGE Corbin red and black broad herringbone trousers. Unusual! Flat front, Good/Very Good condition. Some age wear to the lining. Just $15. Waist: 20; inseam: 31 1/4 (+1 1/2).

17) Bills Khakis cords. Beautiful golden wheat! Excellent condition. PRE TAKEOVER CORDS. M2 style. Tagged size 34. Waist: 17; Inseam: 32 1/4 (+1 1/2). Asking just $25.

18) Corbin narrow wale red cords. Beautiful! Excellent condition. Flat front. Just $20. Waist: 18 1/2; inseam: 31 (+1 3/4).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner