Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1865 Distressed Collection

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Will they be able to replicate the sweat wear and nip and nibbles from a moth let alone the powdery smell of aged that remained in the closet and or treasure chest nobody knew and had forgotten for so many years?:rolleyes:

RO

I can't believe I've been on the internet for two hours....

This whole thing is giving me second thoughts about my hat-handling process when I initially open the box: How will I make it look as new as possible. Maybe I should just put each hat in my dog's bedding for a few days, then send it straight to ebay?

I definitely will start taking 'before and after' pics to show potential buyers each hats 'negative possibilities'

...But then again I'd rather age it and wear the $&!* of it myself really. Or it would have to be a beater hat period.:eek:...
This is my opinion as well. I really like the look of a good beater hat, but only when the hat has earned it's scars honestly through years of use. Unfortunately for me fur felt hats are resilient, and except for signs of my amateur attempts at shaping even my 10-year-old Akubra still looks nearly as good as new. :( I could deliberately abuse my hats to speed up the "beater" process, but that would be the same as artificially distressing them so instead I just wear 'em.

don't know why this is in a Stetson thread; but, no, I would not spend $500 on a new Bosalino. Put that money towards a custom or vintage. The quality isn't there to justify the prices they're charging.
I agree. In that price range there are any number of respected hatters who can make you the exact hat you want. It probably won't be beaver, but it'll be far better than any mass-produced hat.

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
Damaged hats for a higher price. Boy, I bet people are lining up for that deal.
PzV1uhC.gif
Why not? People pay extra for jeans that are already worn out, faded, threadbare and torn.

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
Ok gent's I digress here, I can't say but I could grow into this rave/fad if it's an OPEN ROAD:D (unless there is one already made or in the making) Stetson reading this?

But then again I'd rather age it and wear the $&!* of it myself really. Or it would have to be a beater hat period.:eek:

There would be a new thread unless there is one already of this stature called :
Wear & Tear or Stetson's Re-Imagined?:rolleyes:

Cheers!
RO
Behold, the Distressed Open Road by Stetson:
https://www.stetson.com/store/hats/fedora/1865-distressed-open-road-1.html?color=sage

Mustang Mike's Hats

A-List Customer
Just to add to the conversation concerning Nick F-head ... My daughter, who is just getting started in the hat making business earlier this year, contacted Nick's store in the (naive) hope to gaining some information as to vendors and the like. She was told that they couldn't give her any info, or reveal where they were getting their materials. The topper was when they DID say that they used sustainable fur felt. She later contacted my hat body vendor who laughed when she shared that with them. (I always wondered how rabbit and beaver was considered sustainable!) o_O

Thinking of buying a Borsalino beaver fedora 2.5 brim with box new for under 500. Worth it??

@jlee562 has it right. It’s your money, but I’d never spend that for a new Borsalino. You can get a custom beaver starting at under $300.

Depending of variables we don’t know, you could also get a few vintage Borsalinos for that price and end up with far superior hats to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roadopen

One of the Regulars

Thank you ON for this, I wasn't sure if it was up and around yet with Stetson. Sure looks like they got it all covered here.
Nice to look at but it sure is better to wear it and have it aged your way really.:eek:

These would be great for those who can't wait to age and wear out their hat in no time. Funny thing is? It's the same thing with Martin/Fenders/Gibson guitars etc.:D

Whatever floats your boat here gent's!:cool:

Ro

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
How in the heck you get that kind of stains on the hat? What is it really sorry!:rolleyes:

Looks like it was done on purpose to look awesome like that, in which other so called hat makers do these days.:D

Ro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana